Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Just an aside....

OldredbarnFebruary 4th, 2010, 6:35 pm
Novi, MI

I'm sitting here watching Nat Geo after an evening at the gym and dinner. The show is called Wild Russia and they just showed some bears turning over stones along some waterway and chowing down on caddis flies.

I once saw a show that showed grizzley's up in the mountains of Yellowstone, above the tree line, turning over stones as well and eating some large moth up there. In the years when the population of these bugs are low it forces the bears down from the hills and sometimes in to hassles with humans.

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
JADFebruary 5th, 2010, 11:13 am
Alexandria Pa

Good post,I saw the same program. I didn't think any thing strange, you see I fish with Louis and he is always turning rocks and rubbing his back on trees. Come to think of it in the summer, unshaven he kinda looks like a bear.

I only deal in the truth

JAD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
OldredbarnFebruary 5th, 2010, 12:38 pm
Novi, MI

John you are skating on thin ice with Louie here...I remember something, a few threads back, about guys he fished with going under and floating their hats...Do you think that was an accident? Next time you fish with him better keep your head up, eh!

After a few beers a good friend of mine and I went out fishing and were sitting on a bank...I guess what we do really isn't fishing...More bank sitting...He had helped me get in to fly fishing years earlier. I told him that my wife and I had just met with a lawyer and had our wills drawn up and I had left all my fly fishing stuff to him...He thought for a long moment and finally said, "Hey Spence...There's this nice deep hole around the next bend here I've been meaning to show you..."

Take Care! Better beware!

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.