Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > new member

EpeirceMarch 5th, 2008, 1:03 pm
north shore, ma

hello,
my name is Eric. i love this site. it is the best place to learn about the insects we are trying to imitate with our flies. great photos! i hope to submit some soon.
i now have a custom fran better's rod to go with my new pfleuger trion reel and i can't wait to try it out.
i live on the north shore of MA. there are a few 'trout ponds' up here. they stock in the spring with good size trout and hope the bass and pickerel don't get them before the anglers. we have a few rivers with trout but they get very warm by summer and i suppose not many survive. we do have great striper fishing in the merrimack river and it's tributaries. a striper on a fly is quite a thrill!
i also help manage a cabin in wilmington, ny on the ausable river. now this is great fly fishing.
a large catch and release area lets the trout get really big and really smart. lots of pocket water and huge boulders and strong current. if anybody is interested in visiting the loj, let me know.
thanks for listening,
-e

Please visit my website for more info about staying at 'the little loj' on the west bank of the ausable river in wilmington, ny.
Jjlyon01March 5th, 2008, 1:36 pm
SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse

Hey Epierce,

I occasionally fly fish the Ausable when I get the chance, maybe I will be able to meet you up there sometime and wet a line.

How is Fran Betters doing. I don't know that he'd remember me as he taught me how to tie flies about 6 years ago. I remember sitting next to him in his shop while he showed me how to tie the Ausable wolf and caddis. He was sort of an idol of mine at the time and I always look for him when I'm in Wilmington, but have not seen him.
"I now walk into the wild"

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.