Acquiring Image Use Rights from Troutnut.com
Thank you for your interest in my photography.
Non-profit, educational use
You may use up to 50 images for free for clearly non-commercial purposes, as long as you don't require additional services such as watermark removal (see below). If you remove the watermark (or pay me to do it), you must credit either "Troutnut.com" or "Jason Neuswanger, Troutnut.com" in an appropriate place, preferably near each image. If you use it on a website, the credit must also be linked to Troutnut.com. You aren't required to email me for explicit permission, but I do appreciate hearing about these projects.
Commercial uses includes magazines and books for sale, advertisements, websites that sell ad space, and many more. If in doubt, ask. The cost for commercial rights is tiered to make bulk use affordable:
- $150 each for the first 3 images.
- $50 each for the next 5 images (#4 through #8).
- $20 each for the next 12 images (#9 through #20).
- $10 each for additional images.
I prefer payment by PayPal, but can accept personal checks. If you need an invoice, please use PayPal. Please email email@example.com to order image use rights and arrange payment.
- Troutnut.com watermark removal -- $25/image for the first 5, $10/image thereafter. You can remove the "Jason Neuswanger / Troutnut.com" watermark yourself for free, or pay me to do it. If you bought commercial rights you do not need to credit Troutnut.com, but free users must replace the watermark with another credit (for example, in a caption).
- Watermark removal plus higher resolution -- $50/image. Most "full size" images on this site are published with a maximum dimension of 1600 pixels, sufficient for most print applications except full-page spreads and banners. If you need higher resolution, I provide unwatermarked images in the maximum resolution available (usually 8 megapixels) for $50 each.
- Consent forms for non-profit use -- $100 flat fee. This webpage gives you my consent for non-profit use. If your organization can afford lawyers to insist on additional paperwork, it can also afford to pay me to fill it out. (If you're already paying for commercial use, I'll do the consent form for free.)
All granted rights are non-exclusive, meaning others can also buy rights to use the same images you do.
Photographers other than Troutnut
The above terms apply to the vast majority of images on this site -- specifically, to images owned by myself (Jason Neuswanger), which are usually watermarked with the Troutnut.com logo and the "Author" box below the image lists "Troutnut". I cannot sell or authorize the rights to photos contributed by other users such as "bnewell", or users posting images in the discussion forum. Rights to those images should be negotiated with the photographer, who you can contact via private message if you sign up for an account here.