Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Long-time reader, never-time poster? Start here!, Page 6

Page:1...567...19
BGrnFlyfishJanuary 17th, 2008, 10:36 am
Wisconsin

My name is Seth, I live in Wisconsin and fish the Driftless Area, mostly the Big Green River!
Seth-Big Green River, WI
MartinlfJanuary 17th, 2008, 12:17 pm
Palmyra PA

Welcome aboard, Seth. It seems we have a number of driftless anglers here. Makes me curious. Sounds like you all have some fine fishing up your way.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
BGrnFlyfishJanuary 20th, 2008, 10:24 am
Wisconsin

Thats for sure! Never a dull moment on the Bg. Green.
Seth-Big Green River, WI
HawthornJanuary 24th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Meath,Ireland

Hey guys,could you gimme any info on Bow fishing on a small stillwaters ......wat flys and tackle......thanks!!
Ciano 08
MonktroutApril 26th, 2008, 8:46 am
Posts: 2I'm new to this forum and glad I found it. I'm 56 and been fly fishing and tying over 15 years. I live in East Tennessee so I have access to some fine tail waters and mountain streams. Look forward to sharing ideas. Sure Knots, Monktrout
FerfisherMay 19th, 2008, 6:36 pm
Huauchinango,Puebla(Mexico)

Hi,my name is Fernando,I'm from Mexico excuse my english, is`not great but i try.
Can say to me which are the insects that live for these waters????
TaxonMay 19th, 2008, 9:28 pm
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Hi there, Fernando. Your English seems fine to me. Do you fly fish? If so, what kind of fish do you pursue? I assume you are asking about the aquatic insects in your local waters. I only have information for mayflies in Puebla, which are:

Baetidae Baetis magnus McCafferty & Waltz, 1986
Baetidae Baetodes inermis Cohen & Allen, 1972
Baetidae Callibaetis pictus (Eaton), 1871
Baetidae Fallceon quilleri (Dodds), 1923
Baetidae Moribaetis macaferti Waltz, 1985
Leptophlebiidae Neochoroterpes orientalis Henry, 1993
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
FerfisherMay 19th, 2008, 10:13 pm
Huauchinango,Puebla(Mexico)

Hello Taxon, clear that I practise the fishing with fly, in fact I am in the process of learning a bit of entomology, since I want to know for that a fly is good at this moment, already get tired of copying patterns only for copying them, I am grateful to you for all the information that you have and beg them to have theirs patience.
And on your question: something that exists for these courses they are trouts, are my favorite.

Thank you and good fishing.
TaxonMay 20th, 2008, 12:58 am
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Fernando-

Trout is my favorite as well. You should be able to learn a lot about aquatic insects right here on Jason's site. Apart from all his wonderful photos, this site also has the best, most active, and most supportive aquatic insect forum on the internet. You're welcome, and good fishing to you too.
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
Shawnny3May 20th, 2008, 3:04 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

Welcome, Fernando.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
PappyMay 23rd, 2008, 8:37 am
Michigan, USA

Greetings All!

I have been out of flying fishing for awhile, and as I was driving to home about 2 miles away there is the lovely river that I drive over. Come to find out my landlord's home is along the the river and she owns a 1500ft stretch along it. To make a long story short, I ask for permission to fish it, which she says is ok, then I find out the local DNR office stocks it every spring with browns! I will be the only person with access to the river for about a mile and can't wait to get my feet wet!

On a another note, has anyone fished/or is fishing any streams/rivers in Ireland? Within the next 6 to 9 months my job might be taking me their, so any info you troutnuts might have would be greatly appreciated. Awsome sight!

A reborn fly fisherman,

Pappy
GONZOMay 23rd, 2008, 9:39 am
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

Welcome back, Pappy!

If you flip back through this thread you'll find some kids from Ireland, but their communication quickly degenerated into coded slang and excessive punctuation. Wish I could help, but my roots in Erin are pretty distant.

Best,
Gonzo
Shawnny3May 23rd, 2008, 6:46 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

Yep, welcome back.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
PappyMay 28th, 2008, 4:06 pm
Michigan, USA

Anybody out there flyfish in Ireland? Looking advice on how the fishing is in county cork.

Pappy
LeakywadersJune 14th, 2008, 3:08 pm
New England

Great book Gonzo!!! Learned a lot from it, and thank you for writing it.
Pete
Drag free??? If the fly didn't drag, I wouldn't know where it was!!
GONZOJune 14th, 2008, 4:14 pm
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

Thank you, Pete.
GeorgesJune 19th, 2008, 3:03 pm
Central MA

New reader, new poster. Fly fisherman and tyer since 1948 when I was 13. My 9th grade science teacher who was from PA and new to the area traded me some tying lessons for some guiding on local trout streams in the finger lakes area of NY. Used to be what I believe was a huge hexagenia hatch on Owasco lake and the ciscos and occasional rainbow would go nuts for them in June. So the first flies I tied were huge bushy monstocities that they loved. Not unusual to take 20 to 40 fish a night. Like most things, the fish and the hexes are long gone. Love the Deleware drainage and miss the Oatka, a little stream south of Rochester, NY and the prolific sulphur spinner falls that used to be on it.

By the way, a great site. Very informative and knowledgeable contributors.
GONZOJune 19th, 2008, 4:51 pm
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

Georges,

Your comments recalled fond memories of fishing the Brown Drake and Hex hatches on Skaneateles Lake for big rainbows and the occasional landlock (not to mention smallmouth bass and jumbo yellow perch). Although I haven't fished it for a few years, the Brown Drakes should be starting to hatch just about now.

Best,
Gonzo
GeorgesJune 20th, 2008, 2:22 pm
Central MA

Gonzo,

My fondest early fishing memories were those of being 5 to 10 years of age, having my father pick me up at home after he got off work at 11:00 PM and heading for Mandana, on Skaneatlas with worms, minnow bucket, 4 casting rods and coleman lantern for a night of shore fishing. I'll forever picture him in the morning as we were preparing to leave, reeling in all lines save one, then standing with the last rod in his hand for many minutes waiting for, hoping for, that last strike. He did that with all 4 of his sons. He was the best......
GONZOJune 20th, 2008, 3:27 pm
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

A very poignant remembrance, Georges. Thanks for sharing it.
Page:1...567...19

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.