Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > My first video, No Clear Line. Check it out!!!

ZELLISDecember 2nd, 2014, 4:18 pm
The SOUTH

http://vimeo.com/113180429

Just a couple college kids who enjoy fly fishing and filming. This is our first time at editing, but pretty pleased with the result. Go check it out, and always...

...Tight Lines,
ZELLIS
WbranchDecember 2nd, 2014, 7:58 pm
York & Starlight PA

Nice video but I've got no continuing interest in B&W. You might think it is artsy but I found it to be boring and flat. Go color or go home.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
CaseyPDecember 3rd, 2014, 9:36 am
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

au contraire, M. Wbranch. color is so often the unintended focus of a film that it becomes distracting. the simplicity of vision shown here may bore some; others might find it refreshing.
my quarrel is with the music--just not my style. maybe if the words were plainer (a common complaint about most modern music), the relation to the action would become clear.
on this forum, Zellis, old guys rule--a tough audience!
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
WbranchDecember 3rd, 2014, 4:38 pm
York & Starlight PA

Mademoiselle Casey,

Je suis désolée mais je ne parle pas le français bien.

Cependant, nous avons tous nos propres opinions et vous pouvez sentir la couleur est distrayant, mais préférez-vous régler votre téléviseur à écran plat pour le réglage B & W? Je ne crois pas.
CaseyPDecember 3rd, 2014, 4:46 pm

if a movie is made in color, then color viewing is necessary.

however, have you noticed how much easier it is to follow a baseball game when it's in black and white? the action becomes the main thing to watch instead of the colors. the commentary comes to the fore as well, above the rock music.

okay, tangent (sorry, ZELLIS): how many folks on this august board have actually owned a B&W set that they bought new?
WbranchDecember 3rd, 2014, 5:12 pm
York & Starlight PA

Well while I cheerfully admit to being a septuagenarian I have never actually bought a television that was not color. I do remember the first TV my parents bought back around 1950 and it was a cabinet model with four wooden legs and had a 12" screen. It was made by Dumont and it was awesome!
EntomanDecember 4th, 2014, 11:27 am
Northern CA & ID

I prefer listening to a game on radio, especially with the great John Miller calling the game as my Giants win yet another World Series! He he
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
OldredbarnDecember 4th, 2014, 11:50 am
Novi, MI

I prefer listening to a game on radio, especially with the great John Miller calling the game as my Giants win yet another World Series! He he

Ouch! :)

Baseball: Ernie Harwell or George Kell...

Hockey: Bruce Martin and Sid Abel. Or maybe Joe Bowen in Toronto... "technicians of the tangled twine, watchdogs of the webbed wickets, officers of the oblong onion bags"...Hey! There's a couple phrases for you Tony to pass on to your young goaler, eh?!

I watched the first Liston/Clay fight on a B&W...Dad was in the Navy. We were in Norfolk VA. The house was filled with drunk sailors. I was sneaking sips of Hamms beer...Something about "sky blue water" I remember.

Tried to stay up last night to watch Bergman's "7th Seal", in B&W by-the-way, and fell asleep...Maybe you're right Matt.

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
CaseyPDecember 4th, 2014, 2:23 pm

I prefer listening to a game on radio, especially with the great John Miller calling the game

of all the terrible things p. angelos did to the Orioles, firing Jon Miller was without a doubt the worst.

ZELLIS has not been back to see if we liked his film...

and yes, my Best Fishing Buddy cannot sit through a B&W movie on the TV. we lovers of that medium are becoming an endangered specie. i look forward to more films like No Clear Line.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.