Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Anyone know this angler?

CrepuscularMay 13th, 2013, 11:52 am
Boiling Springs, PA

I spotted this guy on a certain Central PA stream amidst March Browns, Tan Caddis, Olive Caddis, Grey Foxes, Leptophlebia, three different sulphurs, and rising brown trout.

Could it be Feathers5 or Lastchance perhaps?
MartinlfMay 13th, 2013, 5:26 pm
Palmyra PA

The angler in question does resemble Feathers5, somewhat, and he looks a bit similar to Lastchance, but facial recognition software actually identifies him as Goose.

Gorgeous fish, and the bug photos aren't too shabby either. Love the Leptophlebia spinner. Good work, guys.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
SayfuMay 13th, 2013, 5:36 pm
I don't know who he is, but I'm darn worried about the guy standing out in that set of rapids! Call the Coast Guard!
LastchanceMay 13th, 2013, 7:22 pm
Portage, PA

If it was me, I sure wouldn't admit it. That guy's face could stop a pacemaker. I heard Crepuscular put him on some good fish.
CrepuscularMay 13th, 2013, 8:34 pm
Boiling Springs, PA

If it was me, I sure wouldn't admit it. That guy's face could stop a pacemaker.

I think he's pretty.
OldredbarnMay 13th, 2013, 9:35 pm
Novi, MI

That river sure has put some smiles on some Troutnuts this season, and its early yet.

Eric...I think I do recognize that guy...He looks just like a nymph fisher I know who likes to swim in the Little J. ;) the last time I saw him he was complaining about forgetting some underwear in a tree over that way.

I saw him holding a fish just like that one just before he decided to stop fishing and go for a swim. I thought those Amish banned him from over that way for disturbing their cattle...

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
PaulRobertsMay 14th, 2013, 7:53 am
Colorado

Pretty. The fish I mean.

Nice images, guys.
CrepuscularMay 14th, 2013, 8:35 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Just so everyone knows, Bruce (a die hard nymph fisherman)had set a personal goal of catching a fish over 15" on a dry fly. Well he succeeded. And then some. These fish were not easy like the ones Spence caught from the same creek. They were mostly eating caddis and Bruce did an excellent job of putting the fly where it needed to be to get these fish to eat.

Feathers5May 14th, 2013, 9:02 am
If it was me, I sure wouldn't admit it. That guy's face could stop a pacemaker.

I think he's pretty.

You're making me blush. I nearly fell off of my heels.
OldredbarnMay 14th, 2013, 12:39 pm
Novi, MI

These fish were not easy like the ones Spence caught from the same creek.

Hey! Just because that one fish hit my fly two feet from where you had been tramping around for an hour, while I was looking away, or I was hiding my eyes behind my hand and casting at random, doesn't make it "easy"...;) Hell! I could of fell in, or got hit by lightening, or a damn tree might of crushed us both in the truck when we were more interested in the beer cooler than the deadly storm howling all around us...Easy? ;)

Easy was the twist-off caps on our beers. Easy was the cutie pie waitress with her smiles and sass, easy was the late night tying session...The fishing...Well, ok...I did say we were like 12 year olds in a bluegill pond...

There are few days when the river gods must say to themselves, "Selves, this boy drove all the way from Detroit, look at them slugging along out there with a serious storm bearing down on them, whats the problem with giving them a couple hours of silliness? We won't completely go over the top...We will let them see the Henny spinners, but the storm will chase them away..." A taste of honey...

Way to go Brucie!!! You have been watching that friend of yours, Antonio, long enough that some of that dry-fly stuff would catch on...Watching him midge Spring Creek was quite the show. :)
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
MartinlfMay 18th, 2013, 2:49 pm
Palmyra PA

Doth the gentleman protest too much?
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
EntomanMay 18th, 2013, 3:11 pm
Northern CA & ID

Could it be Feathers5 or Lastchance perhaps?

Goose is another possibility as well, Eric....:)

Beautiful fish, Bruce!
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.