Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Love Guarantees

JADJuly 13th, 2009, 7:34 am
Alexandria Pa

I just got off the line with LL Bean. My waders started to made me damp in the one leg ,I called , no problem they are sending me a new pair of waders for free plus they are paying for shipping both ways.
My friend told me they took care of him when his waders started to leak, now they have handled my problem in a like manor. I'm impressed.

Regards
jAD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
StrmanglrOctober 18th, 2011, 11:02 am
Impressive indeed, how long have you had them? I bought a pair and really liked the fit. They leaked on first or second outing and I took them back to the store and traded out for Simms. The clerk didn't have a lot of confidence in the LL Bean waders.

Side note, I've had a 7' 5wt LL Bean rod that I love and use almost exclusively. I got new line for it last year and it casts like a dream now. Interestingly though I bought a line that was a touch heavier for stiffer rods and I wouldn't classify this as a fast action by any means.

This last spring I bought a pair of Frogg Togg breathables for 130.00 as a back up pair while simms was looking into my leaks. DO NOT BUY THESE WADERS. They are complete junk. I got em in March and by early June they had multiple leaks. Got em from Gander Mtn, taking things back to Gander is like pulling teeth. The manufacturer says take them back within a year for warranty to the original store, Gander says they have a 30 day return policy and they must be unused. ???? What good does that do me? There are better places to shop.
SayfuOctober 22nd, 2011, 9:58 am
Ouch! A touchy subject for me given I sold waders for a Eddie Bauer, and Bauer guaranteed EVERYTHING in the store regardless of age! Waders are subject to a number of things, and I made it a 400 level course trying to fully understand the product. Several years can be a longtime use for a pair of waders. Waders can wear out causing leaks from poor fit. A short legged guy that buys a standard pair of waders, can result in "Chaffing" from excess folds in the leg material. Another problem that I found was the care taken AFTER use. Put them back in the box they came in?...keep away from electric motors that cause Ozone deterioration? Proper hanging that removes tension? I found the PEET boot driers prevented rotting from the inside out removing body moisture that contained salt as the best way to increase the life of a wader. Story...I sold a pair of waders to a guy named Bob York. Bob was a steelhead nut, and a legend in WestCoast steelheading. Bob had to have fished every river, and trib stream in Canada, WA St., and Idaho. I sold Bob a pair of waders, and started to give him a clinic on wader care. Bob said to me, "You do not know me. I live in my waders. If I like your waders, I will be back to buy another pair in 6 mo.s." And Bob was back in 6 mo.'s to buy another pair telling me he liked them.
StrmanglrOctober 24th, 2011, 12:09 pm
I'm trying to take much better care of my new simms they sent me. Never thought about salt from the body getting on the inside of the waders. I hang mine actually in my car just long enough for them to get dry. When colder temps come then they'll get hung up in the house. I got to say the simms I just had replaced saw fishing at least twice a week, never got hung up to dry and just wore extremely well. When I got the froggs the first thing I noticed was the fit wasn't even close to as comfortable. When I got the new simms back the first thing I noticed was how much thicker the material is. When I sent my old simms in they told me I had to wash them first and I was very surprised I could put them in the washing machine, which I did and it worked out fine.
KeystonerOctober 25th, 2011, 12:13 am
Eugene, OR - formerly Eastern PA

Yeah, LL Bean is pretty good with that. When my first pair started to leak, I took them back to store and they swapped me a new pair no problem. They even gave me the difference back, as the waders were on sale for cheaper than I had originally paid!

Now my second pair is starting to leak and I'm about 3,000 miles away from the nearest store. JAD, I'm wondering if the pair your speaking about had any patches on them, as mine do. Does this negate the guarantee??

Strmanglr, Frogg Toggs are in fact junk. I had a pair of boot foots once, as I recall they started leaking a week in. Plus, they were unbelievably hot and uncomfortable. Lesson learned.
"Out into the cool of the evening, strolls the Pretender. He knows that all his hopes and dreams, begin and end there." -JB

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.