Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Fly Tying Vise, Page 2

RogueratSeptember 11th, 2018, 5:02 am
Louis-

that one brings back some memories...my dad served alongside British troops in the CBI Theatre of WWII, in the Engineer Corp and he had a LOT of stories to tell.

He'd relate terms such as 'konk' for a nose, 'pong' for a real stink, and the bollocks you mentioned, among others- some of which were pretty scatological in meaning.

back on the fly, streams and rivers in W MI are slooowly receding after a season's worth of rain in one week- I haven't been in the water for a while now, simply too high and un-wadeable when flows are 900% of normal.

Roguerat

'Less is more...'

Ludwig Mies Vande Rohe
MartinlfSeptember 11th, 2018, 11:08 am
Palmyra PA

Yeah, it's been raining for days here. The little spring creeks sometimes fish well as they are rising or dropping with some color. I lost a big fish in one about a month ago; perhaps it's time to go back and see if the hook will hold. Tight lines!
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
WbranchSeptember 14th, 2018, 4:52 am
York & Starlight PA

Louis,

Here are the current levels of some of the streams you fish;

Penns - 2,530 cfs
Codorus - 248 cfs
Tully - 485 cfs Double the flow I would consider fishing
Spring Creek - 363 cfs - high but fishable with split shot
Little Juniata - 1,350 cfs about 4X the best flow
Yellow Breeches - 918 cfs
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
DocWetJanuary 28th, 2019, 7:07 am
Erie, PA

How about a step-by-step procedure for up-loading jpg. files...Your formatting rules make no sense to me, or my son (the computer guru)...DPW
My favorite trout stream picture; below, shows what a first class trout river looks like. The lack of stream gradient means that this river is not subject to the roaring scouring floods so common here in PA. that wipe out everything in the river.
WbranchJanuary 28th, 2019, 8:57 pm
York & Starlight PA

DocWet,

How about a step-by-step procedure for up-loading jpg. files...Your formatting rules make no sense to me, or my son (the computer guru)...DPW

It really isn't all that hard but you do have to have an account with an image hosting service. I used to use Photobucket but about a year ago they stopped allowing the transfer of private pictures to a 3rd party web site unless I was willing to "upgrade" to a new level that charges a fee.

But once you have an account someplace it is a pretty easy matter of locating the picture you want to post onto Troutnut and then just follow the instructions. Scroll down and click on the "Forum Code Page". Go down to the sixth line "Image" and apply those guidelines. Simple.
DocWetAugust 17th, 2019, 5:17 am
Erie, PA

Still have not figured out how to put a jpg file on this site.
My favorite trout stream picture; below, shows what a first class trout river looks like. The lack of stream gradient means that this river is not subject to the roaring scouring floods so common here in PA. that wipe out everything in the river.
WbranchAugust 21st, 2019, 6:28 am
York & Starlight PA

Still have not figured out how to put a jpg file on this site.

Gp to the Forum Code Page. Go down to the sixth line "Shows an Image". But remember you typically need an account at a photo server site where you can upload lots of your pictures and then capture them and put them on your posts on this web site or any web site.
MartinlfAugust 31st, 2019, 12:52 pm
Palmyra PA

Matt, I was just looking around and saw this thread. I totally missed your post from September 14. The creek I was talking about isn't listed. It is really small and off the radar for many guys. I'll tell you about it next Wednesday.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.