Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Rods for sale

WbranchJanuary 11th, 2016, 6:56 pm
York & Starlight PA

If anyone is interested I just posted two rods for sale on the York, PA Craigslist. One is a new custom Gatti FR 865 3PA that I built about six years ago and it has never been fished. The other is a Sage LL 389 that I built with all high end hardware. It is "like new". If anyone is interested please PM me.

I sold the Sage in less than fifteen minutes after I posted it on a fly fishing site with a Classified forum.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
PaulRobertsJanuary 12th, 2016, 10:13 am
Colorado

I LOVED those Gatti's when I first saw them, quite a few years ago. I appreciate power. How nice it was to see a company that made efficient sticks -none of that nooodly stuff -wasted space IMO.
MartinlfJanuary 30th, 2016, 1:19 pm
Palmyra PA

I'm with you Paul. Don't care for that nooodly stuff. I've been amazed at the versatility of my 9' 3W Cabela's LsI rod. I primarily use it for fishing small flies on small creeks, especially olives and tricos, but when the creeks get low and clear it can cast a mile if need be, and it has enough backbone to handle an 18-19" fish with authority. I seem to recall you have an LsI or two yourself. What are your experiences with them? Are they as fast as the Gatti's?
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
PaulRobertsJanuary 30th, 2016, 1:53 pm
Colorado

Hi Louis, I have an LsI 9-5 and 9-10. Have only casted with them, not fished.
Can only compare the Gatti's by memory. I remember the Gatti's were very light and very rigid. I said, "Now this is the way rod's should be -no wasted movement in the blank."
WbranchJanuary 30th, 2016, 6:06 pm
York & Starlight PA

Now this is the way rod's should be -no wasted movement in the blank."

I have ten of them from #4 to #8 (have quite a few #4 & #5) the two piece are very fast and light but I wouldn't call them stiff. The three piece (PA Series) is more forgiving and somewhat parabolic. Both series are very light in the hand. They were lighter ten years ago then some high end rods are now.

Since they are made in Italy and the Euro is down in value you can get their best rods for around $350.00.

I sold the Sage in about 10 minutes but still have two Gatti's for sale. I'm a motivated seller.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
FisherdaveNovember 17th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Gun Barrel City, tx

Hey, everybody. Dave @ Cedar Creek Lake here. Just came across a fly rod in my Grandpa's old garage that I need info on?? A Sage Hi-Modulus Fiberglass B676-4SFS from i thank 1983 in (mint condition) in a old Rod Cady tube , but no luck locating any information on this specific rod online. Anybody out there have any idea of worth, rarity, i would like to sale any help would be nice thanks
found online that its from 1983. i listed pic in Troutnut Forum > Photography

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.