Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Steelhead Redux

WbranchNovember 8th, 2015, 5:33 pm
York & Starlight PA

Well I'm going back up to Erie for more hot chrome. Leaving daybreak Wednesday and should be at the motel by noon and fishing by 1:00. Plan on fishing all day Thursday and Friday and going home by noon on Saturday. Couldn't get a room for Friday where I'm staying. Found a room in Erie for my possible Friday night stay. Kind of good as it is halfway between the two streams I like to fish.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
RleePNovember 10th, 2015, 9:46 am
NW PA - Pennsylvania's Glacial Pothole Wonderland

Bring a raincoat and whatever you use that serves as a union suit. It's gonna be chilly/windy in the shale bowling alleys.. Additionally, if you do stay over Friday, there is the potential for enough snow to be problematic until you get to Meadville or so on the way back south and outta here. NWS is calling for the rain to change to all snow Friday night and while it isn't likely to amount to much of anything, we're in that time of the year up here where the usual margin for forecast error can be the difference between five total snow flakes and eight inches.

Just FYI...
WbranchNovember 10th, 2015, 11:48 am
York & Starlight PA

Rleep,

Additionally, if you do stay over Friday, there is the potential for enough snow to be problematic

I've been keeping an eye of on both NOAA and Weather Underground ever since I made my motel reservations on Sunday. I have a room for Wednesday and Thursday and another room for Friday in a different motel if I decide to stay over. Based on the report though (I saw the snow forecast and high winds) it is very unlikely I will stay over. More probably I will fish Friday until noon and head for home. If the fishing is as good as last week two full days will be plenty of action.

I have very good cold weather clothing and always bring a mid weight and heavy weight fleece pants and tops with me. I'l be bringing my heavier Gore-Tex rain jacket to protect me from any showers and cold wind.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.