Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > hello fly fishers

Mayfly47March 27th, 2014, 10:09 am
ilion ny

just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Charlie. looking forward to meeting you guys and talking about fly fishing. I started fly fishing in 1959 and still crazy about it. I grew up on pine creek in penn but in have lived in ny for the last 30 years.
WbranchMarch 27th, 2014, 11:57 am
York & Starlight PA

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Troutnut. Great bunch of guys here to chat to about fly fishing or bugs. Where do you live in NY? Are you anywhere close to the Delaware River?
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
Mayfly47March 27th, 2014, 1:14 pm
ilion ny

hi wbranch, thanks for the welcome. I live about hour and a half north of the Delaware but I've been there a few times. I live in small town called ilion, its the home of Remington arms. I do most of my fishing on the west Canada creek and the black river. both are great trout fishing, mostly browns. the west Canada has a trophy section five or six miles long and I have taken a lot of slammers there. im planning a trip to pa this summer to fish pine creek and hope to make it to big kettle creek for a day or two. how about you, were do you do most of your fishing?
WbranchMarch 27th, 2014, 2:22 pm
York & Starlight PA

I do most of my fishing on the west Canada creek

I know a fellow named Artie Loomis who also fishes West Canada Creek and has caught some very nice browns there. I need to make a trip thee someday in 2014. I mostly fish the West Branch of the Delaware as well as the main stem and the East Branch of the Delaware'

I live in PA and just wanted to mention that both Pine Creek and Big Kettle Creek are primarily stocked trout with very little naturally appearing wild fish. Also both warm up quite quickly once the air temperatures start to rise.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
Al514March 28th, 2014, 7:55 am
Central New York

Hey Charlie, check your private messages.
Mayfly47March 28th, 2014, 9:00 am
ilion ny

hi artie, last summer all the hatches were a little later them normal do high cold water. but all and all it was a good season for me. I fished mostly with nymphs through april, may, june and did very well. looking forward to a good summer. hope to meet you on the river sometime. tight lines.
RogueratMarch 28th, 2014, 3:21 pm
Welcome, Charlie!

I was all of 5 years old in '59 so you've got some experience behind you...but its guys like you who encourage 'kids' like me to better themselves.
We're all crazy about fly-fishing, no matter how or when we started though.

tight lines, and keep posting stuff...its all good!

Roguerat

I Peter 5:7 'Cast your cares upon Him...'
OldredbarnMarch 28th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Novi, MI

Hey Roguerat...You and I born in 54? Great year. :)

Welcome Charlie...Come on in, the waters fine. :) I think we can handle at least one more once-upon-a-time PA Boy on this site. The place is crawling with them. :)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.