Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > After School Fishing

CrepuscularFebruary 21st, 2013, 6:51 pm
Boiling Springs, PA

The boy and I did a little fishing today after school. I played gillie...

OldredbarnFebruary 21st, 2013, 9:16 pm
Novi, MI

Tell the young man I'm feeling bad...He's already got the skunk out of the boat, and its not even March! :) The only casting uncle Spence has been doing of late was in a gym trying to show newbies how not to break their wrist..."Don't make me tie your wrist to the rod!" :)

You are a good Pop and not a half bad guide...You put him over fish. Nice looking little pool there.

Spence

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
MartinlfFebruary 21st, 2013, 10:53 pm
Palmyra PA

He's a lucky young man, and you a lucky dad.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
OldredbarnFebruary 21st, 2013, 11:38 pm
Novi, MI

Yes Louis...I could of used a Pop like Eric when I was plodding along the banks of that little creek near my grandmothers farm when I was about the youngsters same age...The creek is technically the Middle Branch of the (Mighty) Muskegon, but we knew it as Crocker Creek or Beebe Creek...Beebe being my grandmothers maiden name...I was told that the grandfather of the three brothers I ran with in those days, and lived next to the creek, used to mow the banks so the fly fishermen could cast...

I read an article once where the author stated that my little creek probably had more Browns in it than the Pere Marquette...He was trying to make an argument that the lake run salmon and steelies were causing some stress on the resident Browns.

As soon as your toe touched the creek or you busted through the brush, it was all over as far as catching a Brown...The Brookies are absolutely beautiful there...I can remember casting in tunnels of over grown brush on either side of the stream. :) The only river where I ever floated my hat...

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
EntomanFebruary 21st, 2013, 11:49 pm
Northern CA & ID

Nice, Eric. That's what it's all about.
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
CrepuscularFebruary 22nd, 2013, 7:25 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Thanks Gentlemen. it means a lot!
PaulRobertsFebruary 22nd, 2013, 7:03 pm
Colorado

Very nice, Eric.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.