User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > deleted

OrnMarch 9th, 2012, 4:55 am

deleted
FalsiflyMarch 9th, 2012, 9:37 am
Hayward, WI.

Thanks Orn, very well done, great camera work, great still shots, and great video quality. I even enjoyed the music.
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
EntomanMarch 9th, 2012, 2:28 pm
Northern CA & ID

Welcome Orn, Lovely video & water (I'm jealous). :)
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
WbranchMarch 11th, 2012, 9:54 am
York & Starlight PA

Probably the best big fish fly fishing video i've ever seen! Just awesome water quality and breathtaking scenery. I seldo am envious of other's fishing but this makes me drool and want to get on to the next plane to wherever this was filmed.

Orn, if I were you I'd never tell a soul where you are fishing and I'd keep it to myself and my cloest friends. Can we be close friends LOL!
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
FisherOfMenMarch 11th, 2012, 10:20 am
NY

I haven't even finished watching it yet and I'm very impressed. Those are some amazing brookies! They look very long, almost like a small lake trout and have great coloration.

I like the way you cast, too.
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." -Author Unknown

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
WbranchMarch 11th, 2012, 1:15 pm
York & Starlight PA

Nick,

"Those are some amazing brookies!"

Those are not brook trout (char) as far as I'm aware brook trout are indigenous only to North America and Canada. I think those pictures were taken in Iceland or in one of the Scandanavian countries.
WbranchMarch 11th, 2012, 3:53 pm
York & Starlight PA

Orn wrote;

"But if you'd travel across the globe and show up at my front door it would be hard to say no ;)"

Well, I know your name now so maybe if I Google it, or do a search, I can find out where you live. Then jump on a plane to Iceland, wonder if "Mapquest" works in Iceland? Hmm, rent a car, okay I'll be there in June.

Orn, is all your fishing streamers or do you also do some nymphing in those runs? What about dry flies - do you ever see fish rise to the surface? The area with the sheer rock walls and gorge looks like an atlantic salmon river, the Laxa I think it is called.
FisherOfMenMarch 12th, 2012, 3:11 pm
NY

Woopsies...

I guess those "brook trout" did look a little TOO unusual. Thanks for the correction. Still some great looking fish though!
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." -Author Unknown

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
CzoomMarch 12th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Wow very nice fish in your video. Happy Fly Fishing :)
WbranchMarch 12th, 2012, 7:23 pm
York & Starlight PA

Hello Orn,

I looked at many of your photos and there is one with a very large brown trout where you wrote;

"Big brown trout

Not the longest brown trout I have caught in my river but maybe the heaviest! Extremely powerful and fun to catch! The picture is taken by myself with timer"

I'm curious to how you take so many well formatted, and centered, pictures with the self timer? Do you set the camera up on a small tripod and set the exposure to "auto" then get in front of the camera and trigger a remote shutter release?

I have over 600 pictures on my Photobucket account, if you send me a private message I'll send you the link to that account - almost all trout, steelhead, and bass pictures. Also many fly photos and some scenery.
SofthackleMarch 14th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Orn,
I've been studying art since I was a boy in middle school. You are an artist and I can tell you are immersed in the experiences you have. Your feelings come through very well in what you do. You are a lucky young man to be in such a rich land and even more lucky because you can see you appreciate all you have. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html
FalsiflyMarch 14th, 2012, 11:02 pm
Hayward, WI.

It’s one thing to experience it, it’s another thing to appreciate it, but it is the greater man that can express it, through sight and sound, so that others can feel it. Thank you Orn.
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
Aaron7_8March 17th, 2012, 1:54 pm
Helena Montana

I love the scenery of the rivers you showed. So rugged and different than what I usually fish thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.