Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Interesting Article Alert!

OldredbarnMay 6th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Novi, MI

The June-July 2013 Fly Fisherman mag has an interesting article in it from James Prosek called, "The Diversity of Trout"...It addresses our discussions here, from time-to-time, about the issue of species etc. IMHO...It is worth the price of admission.

"Darwin expressed his frustration with the word species and questioned where to draw lines amid infinite beauty and diversity."

There are a couple other articles to spice it up...They are PA oriented :), seems to be in vogue this year :)...One on Hexagenia autrocaudata by some guy named Paul Weamer ;), and one on "Allegheny Browns". Mr Weamer is our neighbor on Penn's Creek where Eric and I bought our angler's hut this past spring...:)

Also rather timely for Spence, an article on Nectopsyche showing up in force on the Firehole and Madison.

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.