Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Great Last Minute Gift Idea for Dads who love fishing--also helps conservation, fish restoration...

CjbtsJune 15th, 2007, 11:25 am
Posts: 1It’s not too late to get the Dads in your lives who love to fish a great gift. Give Dad a Trout Unlimited gift membership this Father’s Day and we'll also send him our guide to America's 100 Best Trout Streams.
Skip the frantic crowds at the mall this weekend, enjoy the outdoors instead, and still get the men who mean so much to you a great Father’s Day gift.
Each $35.00 TU Gift Membership includes these great benefits:
• One-year subscription to the award winning quarterly TROUT magazine filled with angling tips, articles on TU’s conservation work, and stunning photos of some of the world’s most spectacular fishing sites
• A beautiful full color fly fishing calendar
• Personalized membership card with discounts on hotel and car rentals
• TU decal
• Local chapter membership -- the opportunity to meet other anglers and participate in projects, events and meetings
Even better, by purchasing a gift membership to Trout Unlimited you will be helping to protect and restore cold water fisheries across the US.
Don’t wait until it’s too late—stop by Trout Unlimited and get Dad a great gift that he’ll enjoy throughout the year!

Link to gift membership here

(Edit by Troutnut: This is a great example of the kind of overly blatant advertising I want to keep off the forum, but since it's TU I'll allow it.)
WiflyfisherJune 15th, 2007, 4:55 pm
Wisconsin

Well even TU should ask permission before spamming a web site. Most forums are getting sick of spammers. I for one will not support anyone who is spamming.
John S.
https://WiFlyFisher.com
TroutnutJune 15th, 2007, 5:40 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

It's probably not an actual TU guy posting, but a marketing firm guy they hired to promote their memberships. Still, I think it's good for TU to grow, so I'll leave the link in place. I'm sure there's a disconnect between the decision-makers at TU and their marketing contractor's shady tactics, so I won't hold it against the organization just yet.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.