Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Wrist Break Saviour!!!

Gt711February 16th, 2017, 9:18 am
Posts: 1So I just tried out this product which claimed it could help my wrist break called the Eazicast wrist aid and Casting cushion (I think thats what they're called).. boy what a surprise! I just took my rod out to the garden to test it but I can't believe it! Not only do i get the perfect amount of wrist break but I can cast much further (I know because I could never reach the tree at the bottom of the garden before!) and soo much more accurate...Roll on 2017 season:) I was just wondering if anyone else on here tried it??
WbranchFebruary 16th, 2017, 10:25 am
York & Starlight PA

Nope, never heard of it but if it helped your casting then I'm happy it worked for you.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
PaulRobertsFebruary 16th, 2017, 10:41 am
Colorado

First post? Is this spam?
RogueratFebruary 16th, 2017, 10:42 am
interesting concept...

I was mentored by a (far) more experienced caster to maintain a straight wrist, no 'break' since that encourages drifting on the back-cast. Keep things rigid from the elbow through the wrist, use the elbow and shoulder only to cast and things worked for me. The Wulff 'wristlok' was developed to do the same thing, keep things from drifting from too much 'wrist' on the back-cast.

BUT I tend to agree with Matt, if it helps with your specific casting stroke and all then go for it!

Anyway, welcome to the forum, Gt711, lots of good stuff here differing opinions and all!

Roguerat

'less is more...'

Ludwig Mies Vande Rohe
RogueratFebruary 16th, 2017, 10:56 am
I'm pulling a Homer Simpson 'D'oh' on this one...it went right over my head...first time post, pushing a product, I must be tired or something.

SO I'll stand by my personal 'don't break the wrist' and keep on casting in that manner.

Roguerat, chastened
WbranchFebruary 16th, 2017, 5:14 pm
York & Starlight PA

Rogue wrote;

I'm pulling a Homer Simpson 'D'oh' on this one...it went right over my head...first time post, pushing a product, I must be tired or something.

Haha, I agree with you 100% but since it is often me who calls out these strange posts by newcomers who yearn to advertise a product I decided to stay nothing this time.
OldredbarnFebruary 21st, 2017, 10:55 am
Novi, MI

Come on Matt?! You're slipping. ;) You are our watchdog here.

Practice, practice, practice! Seems these days we have some gadget or pill for everything...Learn to do it correctly...

Anyone remember Woody Allen's movie "The Sleeper"? Where he was defrosted 200 year in the future. They had a machine called the orgasmatron. Couples got into it to fool around. Diane Keaton asked Woody's character to climb in with her. He said, "I've always been a manual operator". ;)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
IasgairFebruary 26th, 2017, 4:48 pm
Colorado

Now don't be too hard on GT711, he is talking about gear here, and he did post it in the fly fishing gear section. So why not, even though it's his first post?

That's great that you found something that will help you, but once you get the rhythm and stroke down, don't use it anymore. Casting is like standing at a wall with a small nail and hammer. The wrist movement is just like hitting that small nail. Or better yet, take a wet paint brush, and flick it out in front of you flicking water off of it. It's that easy.

Orvis has great casting videos that you can watch. They are very informative.
PaulRobertsFebruary 27th, 2017, 5:42 am
Colorado

It's called SPAM. The poster has no interest in participating in the site.
IasgairFebruary 27th, 2017, 7:11 am
Colorado

Oh, my bad. I guess you can't trust people like we would like.

I don't like spam, no matter what the flavor. Lol.
PaulRobertsFebruary 27th, 2017, 11:33 am
Colorado

Yeah, the mods, or Jason, often take stuff like that down. It's not my job, but when it's so blatant, I go ahead and say something. Occasionally someone brings a really good product along that is well presented and the poster actually engages -contributes- to the site. That can be well received.
RogueratFebruary 27th, 2017, 11:39 am
Hey, Spam- the real deal- is great fried then served on a toasted English Muffin & topped with a slice of mild cheddar and then broiled just enough to melt the cheese...this is camping fare, nothing but the best...!

my culinary 2-cents,

Roguerat

'Less is more...'

Ludwig Mies Vande Rohe
WbranchFebruary 27th, 2017, 12:27 pm
York & Starlight PA

Rogue,

I really like Spam, in moderation, with over medium fried eggs and home fries with fried onions. Delicious. It's funny when I first met my wife she had never eaten Spam but after I started to make breakfast and served Spam with it she acquired a taste for it.
RogueratFebruary 27th, 2017, 12:40 pm
Matt,

Total agreement on the merits of Spam, and the one I mentioned was christened
'Spam Doodles' by the kids when they were littler and able to venture into the wild without college and jobs interfering...good memories, the girls still come home to (fly) fish with me but its less and less often. Life seemed simpler back then.

Roguerat

'Less is more...'

Ludwig Mies Vande Rohe
FalsiflyFebruary 27th, 2017, 12:54 pm
Hayward, WI.

I'm with you Matt, love spam, but prefer it fried to a crispy outside crust.
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
IasgairFebruary 27th, 2017, 1:01 pm
Colorado

Oh my goodness, what have I started?
WbranchFebruary 27th, 2017, 4:26 pm
York & Starlight PA

but prefer it fried to a crispy outside crust.

Absolutely! But getting a crispy crust is a fine line between being delicious and being a blackened and burned shingle ready for the trash can. You have to keep the stove just the right flame and keep you eyes on it once it starts to crisp up.
PaulRobertsFebruary 27th, 2017, 4:36 pm
Colorado

Spam is HUGE in SE Asia -China, and the Philippines. In Manila it was part of American-style gift baskets along with Pringles and Twinkies. It was an expensive import gift for the worldly who have everything. It's so... American!

Ever heard of Potted Meat Product? I think it's some generic version of Spam.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.