Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Survey for swiss fly fishing reel maker

SwisssagarApril 23rd, 2017, 5:54 am
Geneva

Dear members,
Greetings from Geneva, Switzerland. I am Sagar Khavnekar and I am working with a Swiss Fishing reel maker as a part of my business training. We are makers of advanced and next-generation fly fishing reels here in Geneva. We are planning to enter global market and would like to know your valuable opinion. Hence I would like to ask if you could complete our survey on fly fishing reels. Your name is optional but will allow us to offer you an early bird discount when we enter the market.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclklklXc5yeMSdOwSS0L0fkaghFnF_-Ah1MFgqy17syjvvxw/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

Looking forward to your views and opinions.
Best regards and happy fishing!

Sagar
RogueratApril 30th, 2017, 7:23 am
this must be a 'phly phishing 'post...'

bad pun day, 39 degrees out, driving rain, and high winds on the 'opener' weekend has me pretty sour.

wait it out and see about next weekend,

Roguerat

'Less is more...'

Ludwig Mies Vande Rohe
WbranchApril 30th, 2017, 10:49 am
York & Starlight PA

Haha,

this must be a 'phly phishing 'post...'

I completed the survey and there are many questions. I think the makers are going to market a graphite composite reel (or some other lighter than metal synthetic)

They ask for comments on many of the questions towards the end of the survey and I pointedly told them that many guys with adequate disposable income and an eye for the finer things are not going to buy a composite reel at least not any that look like the ones I have seen.

Big maker rods like Sage, Loomis, and Winston are getting to the point where many of their buyers just won't be able to afford a new rod. Notwithstanding that though many guys already have amassed a nice collection of $400 - $700 fly rods and aren't likely to be putting a $50 graphite reel onto that rod.

One of the questions was quite funny in that it asked "would you buy this reel if it had a GPS, compass, and counter built into it?" I told them that none of my friends or acquaintances would likely be running to buy that reel.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
SwisssagarMay 14th, 2017, 12:32 pm
Geneva

Dear Matt
Thank you for your valuable response.
I would like to draw your attention to our newly launched website where you can have a look at our fly fishing reel.

https://www.mbreels.com/en/

We are looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Best,

Sagar

SwisssagarMay 14th, 2017, 12:34 pm
Geneva

Dear Roguerat

We would look if you could have a look at our website and let us know your opinion.

https://www.mbreels.com/en/

Thank you and best regards,

Sagar
RogueratMay 15th, 2017, 5:22 am
Sagar,

I looked over your website, read the info available, and I'm not all that interested in the product you are representing. Nothing personal, no offense intended but I will stick with reels I'm familiar with or at least heard about vs. an unfamiliar brand with no prices listed or track record to speak of.

I am really impressed with the Lamson Liquid line lately (there's that alliteration thing again) and I can stop by my local Fly Shop for this brand and support the local economy at the same time.

Tight lines, and do you personally use the reel you are selling for your fishing? Just curious...

Sincerely,

Roguerat

'Less is more...'

Ludwig Mies Vande Rohe
WbranchMay 20th, 2017, 5:40 pm
York & Starlight PA

What is the cost of the reel in US dollars and how much would the shipping cost to the state of Pennsylvania?
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.