Scientific name search:

> > Springtime fun

CrepuscularMay 2nd, 2013, 8:39 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Siphloplecton basale the spinners that "never fall"

OldredbarnMay 2nd, 2013, 10:29 am
Novi, MI

Eric,

You didn't show me that 2nd pic there...the so-called Great Speckled Olive, but where's the olive? The Pseudo-Gray Drake...I told you that the local Grayling Boys (read Tim Neal here :), once they see this one, its hard to get them to tie something on smaller than a size 10, for the rest of the season! :)

Maybe Tim will add something here, but they have a rep for being showy in the mating swarm but not falling en masse. We all know that they have to come down, these bugs don't have the stored energy to fly around, and not get it done...The fish have only one problem with them, letting them float by unmolested. ;)

Seeing one coming downstream, early in the season, can get your heart pounding! At first you are not sure your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.

Great pics, BTW!!!
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Feathers5May 2nd, 2013, 10:46 am
CrepuscularMay 2nd, 2013, 11:04 am
Boiling Springs, PA

The fish have only one problem with them, letting them float by unmolested. ;)

many times they don't even have to be on the water for the fish to try and eat them, they leap into the air to try and catch one. They must taste much better than chicken.
PaulRobertsMay 2nd, 2013, 11:05 am
Colorado

Very nice, Eric. Pin-up quality.
CrepuscularMay 2nd, 2013, 11:09 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Very nice, Eric. Pin-up quality.

Thanks Paul, but I'm thinking I should get models with only two legs...
Feathers5May 2nd, 2013, 11:24 am
Eric,

You didn't show me that 2nd pic there...the so-called Great Speckled Olive, but where's the olive? The Pseudo-Gray Drake...I told you that the local Grayling Boys (read Tim Neal here :), once they see this one, its hard to get them to tie something on smaller than a size 10, for the rest of the season! :)

Maybe Tim will add something here, but they have a rep for being showy in the mating swarm but not falling en masse. We all know that they have to come down, these bugs don't have the stored energy to fly around, and not get it done...The fish have only one problem with them, letting them float by unmolested. ;)

Seeing one coming downstream, early in the season, can get your heart pounding! At first you are not sure your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.

Great pics, BTW!!!

Spence, real men nymph.
Bruce
Jmd123May 2nd, 2013, 11:39 am
Oscoda, MI

You guys are making me envious...I'm not seeing hardly any flies on my local waters yet! Not even Hendricksons or Early Brown Stones...

Jonathon

P.S. Beautiful photos!

P.P.S. "Real men nymph." Guess I'm not a real man, then. My nymphs just all seems to hang up on the bottom, so I don't...nymph, that is...
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.