User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Will be in Roscoe

SofthackleMay 24th, 2012, 11:46 am
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Hi all,
I just wanted everyone to know that if all goes well, a group from my flymph forum will be tying at the CFFCM on Saturday, June 9th. I'd really like to see some of you while I'm there. We'll be tying Wingless Wets from 10 AM to 3 PM and presently the tiers will definitely include William Anderson, Ray "letumgo" Tucker, Bill Shuck, Doug Duvall, Allen McGee, Vicki Shadlock and myself. Lance Hidy will be joining us and will have a display of memorabilia from Jim Leisenring and Vern Hidy. I have tried, desperately, to get Jim Slattery there, but he's really busy at the resort. Also, I've been trying to get Hans Weilenmann to join us, as well. This remains to be seen. Hope I have not forgotten anyone!

Hope to see some of my friends from here, there.
Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html
Jmd123May 24th, 2012, 12:08 pm
Oscoda, MI

Sounds like fun, Mark. How are you feeling these days? Been out fishing recently? I hope all is well on your end.

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
SofthackleMay 24th, 2012, 12:27 pm
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Hi Jonathon,
I've been doing fair. I just completed another round of chemo. It's been a tough one. The medication has been building in my system and causing side effects, of course. I am taking a break from all this for a few weeks. I get another CT scan on the 29th to see how the chemo is working. Then we'll decide what's next.

I've not been out fishing because the chemo has been making me sick, but I may get out next week on my home river. Then I plan on fishing some, in Roscoe, weather and health permitting.

Thanks for asking,
Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html
Jmd123May 24th, 2012, 1:17 pm
Oscoda, MI

You have my sympathies, Mark. I've heard chemo is pretty awful, resembling radiation poisoning (which is also used for cancer of course). Hopefully you'll get to do some fishing therapy soon.

Speaking of which, the week before our trout opener here in Michigan my back went out on me. A week earlier I developed a persistent muscle spasm in my shoulder, then my lower back felt like someone was trying to drive a chisel into it with a hammer. It really bummed me out because I had plenty of tying to do and could barely even go for a walk without feeling terrible. The second day of the season I woke up in stabbing pain, decided I couldn't stand it anymore and no matter how much it hurt I was going fishing. Ten trout later, my back and shoulder were both feeling just fine! And haven't bothered me since...moral of the story: fishing therapy WORKS!!

Good luck and I hope you get out soon.

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.