Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > New to the forum

RHealJune 16th, 2010, 7:59 am
Fergus, Ontario, Canada

Hi group,
Just a quick intro. I have been using this site for some time as it always comes up when I punch in bugs but didn't realize it was forum. I'm in southern Ontario and guide full time so if you are in need of intel in my neck of the woods, get in touch. Great site and I look forward to getting involved.

Rob
I like fishing and beer...but not always in that order.
SofthackleJune 16th, 2010, 8:36 am
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Welcome! Join in when get the urge.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html
TroutnutJune 16th, 2010, 10:26 am
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Welcome!
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
OldredbarnJune 16th, 2010, 12:41 pm
Novi, MI

Rob,

Welcome aboard! I would normally be asking you about the Leafs but if you are a fan I know you are in pain! So maybe we should just talk fishing...

Spence from Detroit or as Jimmy Devellano would say Dee-troy-it...I'm also a Spits fan, but maybe we shouldn't go there either!
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
JOHNWJune 16th, 2010, 6:14 pm
Chambersburg, PA

Howdy and welcome Rob,

Proud Hershey fan here.

Spence the BEARS wagon is always open ;)
JW
"old habits are hard to kill once you have gray in your beard" -Old Red Barn
OldredbarnJune 17th, 2010, 8:06 am
Novi, MI

John,

I know this is a fishing blog, but the Hershey Bears...Now there's some old-school hockey tradition! I was there once for a suppliers show when I worked with a guy selling surveying/GPS equipment. We were upset that it was the off season and we didn't get to see a game. It was too bad that my Wings left the Glenn Falls AHL affiliate.

They are here in Grand Rapids now which is closer, but I have never made it over there...Not sure why other than the same reasons I don't get to fish as much as I would like! I'm just a sad-sack wage-slave I guess.

Great hockey, chocolate, and near by quality fishing...You may be writing us from paradise!

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Flatstick96June 17th, 2010, 3:25 pm
Well, since we're talking hockey...

Just got a chance to watch your Hershey Bears in the Calder Cup finals against our Texas Stars (took my daughters to the pivotal game 5, which of course went to OT - there is nothing better in sports that being in attendance at a hockey game that is in sudden death OT). Even though the girls are only 5 and 3, they loved it.

We had a great time, and while it was disappointing for us to see the Stars lose, there was no question that the Bears were the better team, and it really wasn't even close. We also went to a game in the previous round when the Stars were playing Hamilton, and the Hershey squad was head and shoulders better than those two. I'm not surprised they took three games here, but I can't for the life of me see how the Stars beat Hershey in games 1 and 2 up there.

Hockey rules, and I sure do miss it (although it's cool to have an AHL team here finally - and a good one at that).

Spence, Shawnny and I actually got to see your Red Wings in the Cup finals in 2002. I went to game three (the critical triple overtime thriller with the series tied 1-1) and Shawnny went to game 4. We didn't have enough tickets to both go both nights - as it turns out, he kinda got the short end of that deal.

Still though...for my money, nothing beats seeing a game at Lynah Rink - that's probably because we basically grew up in that building, and I've bled Cornell red for more or less my whole life - but still, it's an awesome experience...
GutcutterJune 18th, 2010, 7:29 pm
Pennsylvania

penguins season ticket holder since 1970. started with 3 (dad, me and my little brother. added another for my youngest brother a few years later. we have had 7 since 1984. A-14 row E seats 1-7. have seen some great teams and quite a few horrible teams. looking forward to the new building but will miss the igloo.
All men who fish may in turn be divided into two parts: those who fish for trout and those who don't. Trout fishermen are a race apart: they are a dedicated crew- indolent, improvident, and quietly mad.

-Robert Traver, Trout Madness

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.