Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Jim Morrison..."The West is the Best"

Oldredbarn has attached these 5 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (1.5X larger)
1995 Madison River 23.5" Brown. Eric Swedman & Spence
1995 Madison River 23.5" Brown. Eric Swedman & Spence
1995 Eric Shores with Spence's torpedo Brown...Who loves wild trout?!
1995 Eric Shores with Spence's torpedo Brown...Who loves wild trout?!
Why do we all have one of these shots? Rod in mouth? This shot was for the Michigan Fly Fishing Club because the Loomis rod there I won at my first club meeting after I had paid my dues.
Why do we all have one of these shots? Rod in mouth? This shot was for the Michigan Fly Fishing Club because the Loomis rod there I won at my first club meeting after I had paid my dues.
View Full SizeView Full Size (1.4X larger)
Madison River Bow 1995...Took a size 16 Bill Monahan version of a Partridge Caddis...What a healthy specimen!
Madison River Bow 1995...Took a size 16 Bill Monahan version of a Partridge Caddis...What a healthy specimen!
Yellowstone Park Elk...I'm on the opposite bank of a skinny raging little creek and I could not get him to lift his head for the shot. I'm jumping up and down shouting etc and finally! I bet he's happy I'm a vegetarian!
Yellowstone Park Elk...I'm on the opposite bank of a skinny raging little creek and I could not get him to lift his head for the shot. I'm jumping up and down shouting etc and finally! I bet he's happy I'm a vegetarian!
OldredbarnMay 21st, 2010, 6:22 am
Novi, MI

This is for Jesse and Matt...My contribution to the east/midwest vs Montana undercard...And in this corner...etc.

I have finally purchased a small Canon digital camera (Thanks Wiflyfisher!), but prior to now I had a Nikon F3 which, in comparrison is like carrying a frig around your neck...

Anyway, I'm heading up tomorrow to fish and I hope to play with my new camera a bit, when I'm not poking trout...

I am trying to add a couple pictures here from my trip out west in 1995. If this works there are two Eric's in the photos with me...Eric Swedman holding Mr Big. He's the manager of Madison River Fishing Co in Ennis...The other Eric holding that torpedo of a wild, healthy, Madison river Brown is Eric Shores and he guides out of MRFC.

I'm geeked about heading up and I'm trying to calm myself down a bit, but these photos aren't helping...

See you in a week or so!

Spence

PS How about those old Red Ball Lightweights! They were in style once for a minute...
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
JesseJune 12th, 2010, 10:01 am
Hahah Spence bud thats freaking awsome and those pictures just really help to distinguish the diversity in fishing eastern vs. western waters. The fish are beautiful, the scenery, the wildlife...its all just absolutely breathtaking. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you buddy ive just been so busy getting back home, trying to make some money, and then figuring out plans for an already near future for going back to Montana. I haven't had that much time to get on and check things out, but it's always good to come back to some pictures like these ones. Your bug shots were great too so no need to be modest about it aha! Good day to you buddy ill be checking more often now!
Most of us fish our whole lives..not knowing its not the fish that we are after.
http://www.filingoflyfishing.com

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.