Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Where have they gone?

FalsiflyJanuary 30th, 2008, 12:08 pm
Hayward, WI.

Being rather new to this forum I have taken quite a bit of time reviewing past topics and posts. In so doing I have noticed quite a few names of people whom I considered both knowledgeable and entertaining; people who responded and contributed on a regular basis racking up a large number of posts. But it seems many have disappeared. It’s good to see new names appearing almost daily but it would also be nice to hear from them again. Maybe they’re on extended leave to Patagonia or New Zealand, or in search of the illusive Snow Fly, or photographing trout fisheries as yet unknown. Or, maybe their just too busy fishing and/or tying flies. Does anyone know where they have gone?
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
DanoJanuary 30th, 2008, 1:15 pm
Vanderbilt, Michigan

Like you I'm kinda new as well, so I'm not exactly sure who "they" are. Forums do ebb and flow, people come and go for a variety of reasons. I do know of one member, IEatimago, just moved to Portland a couple of weeks ago...

Dano

Eventually, all things merge into one...and a river runs through it.
WbranchJanuary 30th, 2008, 1:18 pm
York & Starlight PA

Isn't that a line from a song? "Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio, where have you gone?
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
Shawnny3January 30th, 2008, 2:12 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

I know Gonzo works in the ski industry, and this is their busiest time, of course. There may be other reasons that are his business, but I know he still holds dear this site and forum, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at some point.

-Shawn

P.S. Jason has seemed scarcer than usual lately, as well. Keeping you busy at grad school are they, bud?
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
Jjlyon01January 30th, 2008, 7:44 pm
SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse

"in search of the illusive Snow Fly"

Man that was probably my favorite book next to the Compleat Angler.
"I now walk into the wild"
SmallstreamJanuary 31st, 2008, 10:36 am
State College, PA

maybe people are like me and dont winter fish and when you visit forums like these it reminds you how much fishing means to you and it makes waiting for the season painful. I dont know about you guys but I cant wait for the winter to be over.
WbranchJanuary 31st, 2008, 12:25 pm
York & Starlight PA

When I was in my 20's - 40's I too felt the long winters and thought about going fishing again and the thoughts filled much of my days. When I hit my 50's the longing for the fishing season to start again was tempered with patience and I was able to get through it quite well.
Now that I'm soon approaching Medicare age I still love to be on the water and rhythmically casting my dry flies to rising trout but have quelled my desire to get on the water by tying more flies than in my earlier years and hoping that the seasons will be as rewarding as last years and I will have another twenty years pursuing those beautiful trout.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
SofthackleJanuary 31st, 2008, 1:17 pm
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Falsifly,
Exactly who are you looking for? I still check-out the forums, but find I am posting less. I guess the reason is, I don't say anything unless it contributes something to the discussion, interests me, or unless I can help someone with something. I don't know how far back you've gone into the posts, but I've been here a while.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.