Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > A death in the family...RIP Leo the Lionheart

Jmd123 has attached these 4 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (5.3X larger)
Handsome boy, you lookin' at me?
Handsome boy, you lookin' at me?
View Full SizeView Full Size (2X larger)
ALWAYS the goofus
ALWAYS the goofus
View Full SizeView Full Size (2X larger)
Mister cross-paws
Mister cross-paws
View Full SizeView Full Size (5.3X larger)
So shiny he washed out with the flash
So shiny he washed out with the flash
Jmd123May 15th, 2020, 7:01 am
Oscoda, MI

Oh boy...lost one of my very best friends today. Not a fishing buddy but certainly a tying buddy...poor fellow basically had a kitty stroke last night and was in awful pain...by the time we made it to the doc this am he was just about gone. Wanna make me cry like a baby? Make me put my cat down....rips a piece outta me, somewhere between my heart and my stomach, & my soul.

Rest in peace Mister Green-Eyed Monster, a.k.a. World's Best Cat. :o(

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
RleePMay 15th, 2020, 10:17 am
NW PA - Pennsylvania's Glacial Pothole Wonderland

I'm sorry to hear this, Jonathon. While both our kitties are well and pretty perky, I know its coming as one will be 16 next month and the other 15 in November. Its gonna kill me when it happens and I dread it. I like my cats better than about half the people I know.

Condolences...
PartsmanMay 15th, 2020, 1:38 pm
bancroft michigan

Jonathon, I very sorry to here the sad news, I went through the same thing last fall when my we had to have or lab, Chance put down. All I can say is remember all the good times you had with best friend. We have had dogs since we first got married in 1977, but I told my wife I just can't do this anymore. But I do have some wonderful memories.
Mike.
WbranchMay 15th, 2020, 3:45 pm
York & Starlight PA

Very sorry for your loss Jonathon. My wife and I lost our Jill kitty just three weeks ago from advanced kidney disease. She was 20 years six months old.

Our animal hospital in York had a protocol to not allow any pet owners into their facility. But they did let us see her after some blood work confirmed her condition. Neither of us are doing very good and any sad story gets me weepy. She was a great companion and we have so many wonderful memories and pictures.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
RogueratMay 16th, 2020, 5:33 am
Jonathan, my condolences and a lot of us can empathize- losing a beloved pet can be like losing a loved one, they're part of the family and it leaves a hole in your heart and your life. Our 2 pooches are getting on in years and its only a matter of time before giving them up, not something I dwell on. I think you've got a lot of GOOD memories of your feline, keeps the smiles coming back...crazy how cats and dogs (or any other creature, I guess) can grow on us, isn't it?

Roguerat

"less is more...'

Ludwig Mies Vande Rohe
MartinlfMay 18th, 2020, 7:20 pm
Palmyra PA

Jonathon, so sorry to hear this. I miss my Jim cat all the time. Like Leo, Jim was a great tying buddy. Perhaps they are sitting around together in kitty heaven talking about THEIR crazy fly tying pets (us).
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
SDMTMay 18th, 2020, 8:17 pm
Black Hills of SD

Animals should never die. They deserve to have someone who thinks they are the best person in the world.
WbranchMay 18th, 2020, 9:07 pm
York & Starlight PA

SDMT wrote;

Animals should never die. They deserve to have someone who thinks they are the best person in the world.

Great comment. I miss my cat and remember all the times she would jump up on my fly tying desk and stare at me while I was tying and play with empty spools I would give her. Or she would jump in one of the lower drawers in the roll top desk and take a nap.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
Jmd123May 19th, 2020, 2:51 am
Oscoda, MI

Matt, the pic of your kitty in the drawer is just too precious, and so catlike!

Thanks to all for the condolences. I am doing OK since all of my friends are animal lovers and so I have been getting no shortage of sympathy. Got pretty sad walking by the pet food isle in the store the other day...guess I don't need any of that right now...*sniff sniff*

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
LearingtoFlMay 30th, 2020, 9:32 am
Posts: 1Jonathan, I'm so sorry to learn of passing of Leo. I know you loved that cat to the depth of your very being. My deepest condolences.

Barb
TroutnutJune 3rd, 2020, 12:02 am
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Sorry to hear that Jonathon. Losing a close pet is always awful.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.