Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Shelter in Place

WbranchApril 3rd, 2020, 5:51 pm
York & Starlight PA

Are all forum members under SIP restrictions? I live in one of about two dozen PA counties that are under SIP. My wife and I go out once a week to the grocery store and the PO to get our mail. While fishing is permitted I decided not to go because it is an hour's drive to where I like to fish. I don't think the allowance to go fishing means it's okay to drive a significant distance to where you want to fish. Maybe 5 - 1o miles is okay but not 50.

I was lucky to get a call from a guy who wanted six dozen tailwater flies, PMD emergers and spinners, #16 - #18, caddis, some half & half emergers. I don't normally tie for profit but it gave me something to do and earn some money for future fishing trips.

Anyone fishing?
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
Jmd123April 3rd, 2020, 6:28 pm
Oscoda, MI

Our regular trout season opens three weeks from tomorrow, and I can find plenty of places for solitude within 20 minutes or so of my house! So I'll be fishing soon, as far away from anyone else as possible.

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
RleePApril 3rd, 2020, 6:53 pm
NW PA - Pennsylvania's Glacial Pothole Wonderland

Pennsylvania's Stay at Home/Shelter in Place order is statewide and applies to all 67 counties. So, it isn't just 20 counties.

I could fish every day as I live about 3/4 mile from one of the better warmwater lakes in this part of the state and so long as I am not bothered by people, I'm just as happy fishing for bass & bluegill as I am trout for the most part.

But I haven't been down there yet. I may, but it is just as likely that I will not. It doesn't feel right to me somehow and that takes some of the fun/anticipation out of it for me.
WbranchApril 4th, 2020, 10:08 am
York & Starlight PA

I have not been keeping up with PA county closures. Like you it feels selfish to go fish when lots of people are out of work or are health care providers and working to save lives and in some cases getting sick and dying.
PartsmanApril 4th, 2020, 5:21 pm
bancroft michigan

Matt I agree, and im not going until things get back to some sort of normal. However, it just really bugged me on a website on Michigan hunting and fishing people using the term (you people),as in anyone not from northern Michigan don't come here. Really rubs me the wrong way, maybe im making to much of it, but the term You people. I kinda thought that we didn't think like that anymore. Oh well, some things never change, and I hope things clear up soon, because there are lots nice folks up north who do appreciate the folks coming up and enjoying all Michigan has to offer. Take care of yourself, hopefully this to shall pass soon.
Mike.
WbranchApril 5th, 2020, 12:11 pm
York & Starlight PA

There are lots of people from NYC and various cities in NJ & PA that own seasonal properties (me being one of them) in the Catskills of NY. I saw a post on Facebook by a respected guide that pretty much said if you want to get out of NY, NJ, and PA cities and go to your property bring everything you are going to need from home. Meaning food, perishables, fishing tackle, flies, etc so you don't have to leave your property and go to town to shop. He said if you can't do that then stay home.

Some people might say that is unfair or whatever but you know if that town or area in insulated from infected people then I can fully understand why they want to keep seasonal people, from areas with higher percentages of corona, to stay out.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.