Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > 1,000 users

TroutnutJuly 11th, 2007, 10:55 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Yesterday this forum passed 1,000 registered users, less than a year after its launch. Just thought I'd report that little milestone. :) It looks like more people are noticing the unusually high quality of most of the discussions you guys have here -- keep up the good chatting!
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
BillyJuly 13th, 2007, 9:58 am
Chester County, PA

Jason -
I've only been with you a short while but you have attracted a great group of individuals (myself included!)who obvioulsly enjoy all aspects of the sport and who are willing to share their experiences with others. There is really no other forum that has so much to offer. Congratulations! - Billy
I was born with nothing and still have most of it. . .
McjamesJuly 13th, 2007, 10:46 am
Cortland Manor, NY

Congratulations Jason, a great site.
I am haunted by waters
GONZOJuly 15th, 2007, 12:46 pm
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

Jason,
Congrats on the 1,000 user milestone! Apparently, folks are being attracted to this site faster than I can drive them away. :)
TaxonJuly 15th, 2007, 2:05 pm
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Yes, congratulations on achieving that milestone Jason. Retirement would definitely not be the same without troutnut.com. I am in awe (and greatly appreciative) of that which you have succeeded in creating.
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
DryflyJuly 15th, 2007, 6:47 pm
rochester mn

congrats, your site has been a great distraction:)
Shawnny3July 16th, 2007, 6:36 am
Pleasant Gap, PA

Does the term 'users' seem ironically appropriate to anyone else? I think it pretty much sums up the experience many of us have had on the site. I'm not sure I like Jason taking pride in the milestone, though - it's a little too much like a drug dealer gloating over how many addicts he has hooked on his product. Maybe we should start referring to Jason as 'Push' instead of 'Troutnut'.

To quote Tevye from 'Fiddler on the Roof', when communist Perchik declares, "Money is the world's curse": "Then may the Lord smite me with it, and may I never recover."

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
GONZOJuly 16th, 2007, 9:23 am
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

Yes, Shawn, it is an addiction. And I am a hopeless junkie. (How could anyone with that number of posts next to his name claim otherwise?) Maybe we should start one of those twelve-step programs where I can stand in front of the group and say, "Hi, my name is Gonzo, and I'm a Troutnut addict." :)
MartinlfJuly 17th, 2007, 7:34 am
Palmyra PA

I'm hooked.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Shawnny3July 17th, 2007, 7:46 am
Pleasant Gap, PA

Me, too. Heck, I've even learned enough Latin names to make a bait-fisherman think I know what I'm talking about. I never thought I'd see that day.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
IEatimagoJuly 17th, 2007, 10:53 am
Spring Mills, PA

i too am addicted, i may not post much but i check the forum a few times a day for new post or just to browse back through old post and or pictures/information
TroutnutJuly 17th, 2007, 11:51 am
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Maybe we should start one of those twelve-step programs where I can stand in front of the group and say, "Hi, my name is Gonzo, and I'm a Troutnut addict." :)

I think this forum should work for that. :) Now, what are the twelve steps?
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
GONZOJuly 17th, 2007, 12:19 pm
Site Editor
"Bear Swamp," PA

Now, what are the twelve steps?

If I knew that, Jason, I'd be well on my way to recovery. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it beyond the confessional part! :)
CaseyPJuly 17th, 2007, 12:32 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

and here all along i thought it was just the 12 or so of us. must be the level of discussion, which i will admit is usually over my head!
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
IEatimagoJuly 17th, 2007, 1:44 pm
Spring Mills, PA

^^^^ agreed, the over the head part.
JADJuly 17th, 2007, 5:47 pm
Alexandria Pa

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Just because, after my trips I come home and run to see what Ive missed. Just because I check every hour for new posts ----------I'm not addicted .

Fine job Jason.

JaD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
JADJuly 17th, 2007, 5:48 pm
Alexandria Pa

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Just because, after my trips I come home and run to see what Ive missed. Just because I check every hour for new posts ----------I'm not addicted .

Fine job Jason.

JaD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
GbutlerJuly 17th, 2007, 7:40 pm
I am very new to the site, and more than pleased to 'fess up to the trout addiction thing. As the man said in a letter to The Drake mag in the last issue, "The back issues arrived at the office this morning.
I have done no work". This site has gone above and beyond in that department. Thanks, Jason.
I know of no applicable 'twelve steps'. The only twelve steps I can relate to is how far I want to be away from the trout stream.
Amazing how so many different people, using a vast array of tools and techniques, can be so unifed in their dedication and pursuit. Yet, the catch-and-release ethic thrives, and the trout win.
Make the first and last cast count, y'all.
Greg

TroutnutJuly 18th, 2007, 12:40 am
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

The 4-digit number (now 1,014) is a bit surprising to most of you probably. A small minority (probably around 200; I haven't checked) have actually posted something.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
McjamesJuly 19th, 2007, 8:01 am
Cortland Manor, NY

"A small minority (probably around 200; I haven't checked) have actually posted something."

Jason-- as a recent poster and long time lurker, I can tell you I was hesitant to post for the simple reason that I didn't feel as though I had much to contribute-- most of the participants here have a knowledge of trout and insect behavior that far exceeds mine, and the typical exchange is at a sufficiently advanced level that I have trouble enough following along, let alone contributing in a meaningful way! So maybe that explains the low poster/member ratio...
I am haunted by waters
Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.