Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Whew!

TaxonMay 20th, 2010, 3:50 pm
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Whew, the site is back online. My withdrawal symptoms were getting pretty darned painful!
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
EricdMay 20th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Mpls, MN

I spent quite some time googling "Jason Nueswanger" looking for contact information. You're a popular dude, Jason, but you have no contact info anywhere else...by design I hope.
TroutnutMay 20th, 2010, 11:50 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Yeah, sorry about that, guys. There was one minor back-end technical problem, and I asked my web host to take care of it, but the solution required moving the website onto a different host computer and that caused a whole chain of progressively worse problems. I finally sent them an email begging them to just FIX it and I see they did.

I'm currently at an international symposium on salmonid ecology in Luarca, Spain. I gave a presentation yesterday on territoriality in juvenile Chinook salmon, and it went over really well. This symposium has been one of the best experiences of my life, and this beautiful little traditional Spanish port town is amazing, too. But the Internet access is atrocious, and I was hardly even able to correspond with the host, let alone fix the problem myself. I'm glad they finally came through for me; they'll keep my business.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
WiflyfisherMay 21st, 2010, 3:11 am
Wisconsin

Oh, the fun of switching servers!! Glad it worked out. Having good, reliable system admins at a host is essential.

Jason, I saw your post on FB. It looks like you are having a great time at the international symposium. Enjoy!

BTW, what exactly is a "trout- and salmon-obsessed scientists"? :)
John S.
https://WiFlyFisher.com
TNEALMay 21st, 2010, 5:14 am
GRAYLING. MICHIGAN

Glad things are up and running again. I just spent Wednesday, the 19th, at a salvelinus fontinalis synposium... got an up close and personal view of 32 of them.. not international, but a lot of fun just the same...
OldredbarnMay 21st, 2010, 7:34 am
Novi, MI

Hey Tim! I'm heading up tomorrow and I don't need you educating all the fish...Leave a few for me, eh!!

I know you aren't fishing your old stomping grounds these days so I guess I can rest easy.

It looks like you guys may get a little rain today. For the non-Michiganders we had another scare up near Grayling and they had a couple fires get out of hand. They had actually blocked a road I go down to get to the South Branch...The fire was just down the road from the Mason Tract.

In 2008 we also had one that touched the south side of the town of Grayling and jumped I-75...The big one was at the end of the 80's and for years after you could tell where the fire had been.

If you visit www.gateslodge.com and click on the "Fishing Report" link you can see an Au Sable river boat coming downstream with fire clouds behind it...Scary stuff!

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
TroutnutMay 22nd, 2010, 4:03 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

I finally have a decent internet connection! I'm in Stockholm now... seems like a beautiful city. Various website things have been falling apart and I might finally have a bit of time to straighten them out.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
CaseyPMay 22nd, 2010, 5:55 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

the ad beside the thread announces "The Big Welcome Back" (for Hyatt) and that's the way I feel! Hooray!

a question: how is it that there are posts dated May 21?
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
MartinlfMay 22nd, 2010, 6:09 pm
Palmyra PA

Yes, welcome back to all us Troutnuts!! Hope the get together at the J went well. I had graduation, graduation parties, etc. and couldn't make it. But the weather was perfect for fishing. Let's hear a report or two.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.