Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Beavers and trout, Page 2

Jmd123May 14th, 2010, 6:24 pm
Oscoda, MI

Spence, I might just take you up on option #2 as I don't expect that ANYONE can help me with option #1 at this point. I just talked to my, as I call him, once and future boss today and we DIDN'T get the Baldwin project - they said we all OVERBID (as in all the applicants came in too high on the price of doing the work) and they were looking for something cheaper...So, NO, you won't all be coming to fish the PM with me this summer. If he can't get me work, I doubt anyone else can, considering that he starting putting my name & resume in his proposals starting last October. So, YES, especially since I haven't dated in a while, a whorehouse (never been before) might be a good safety valve.

However, more realistically, less expensive (perhaps, depending on how many intoxicants I down while there), and safer from a DISEASE perspective (I confess that I HATE condoms), I need to go do some FREAKING TROUT FISHING!!!!!! With this in mind, I'm planning, since I don't have to plan for work any time soon, to head UP NORTH at least as far as the Tawas/Oscoda area, and possibly the Cheboygan/Pellston/U of M Bio Station region (both old stomping grounds) to pursue brookies, browns, and rainbows. Quite possibly also, Tawas Bay or Douglas Lake with my kayak and 8-weight for smallies and pike and whatever feels like chomping down on some giant streamers (3/0 - 6/0) I tied last summer for such leviathons. Fishing around here has been frustrating - my local lake isn't giving up much lately, not even in the BLUEGILL department, and Paint Creek, unenthusiastic as I am usually about it, can't possibly be fishable for awhile after these heavy rains we've had. So, north I need to be a-going sometime in the next week or two to get some relief from the constant frustration of unemployment, city life, bickering 77-year-old parents, and piss-poor fishing.

Hey, if you have any plans yourself, Spence, perhaps we could hook up somewhere in there. I'll put you on top of Rifle fish if you put me on top of AuSable fish - deal?? I guess I had better start tying up some fresh dries...However, I can't promise not to be throwing around my Killer Bass Flies, especially after my copper/brown variant hooked me into a 20"+ brown up on the Pigeon two summers ago (which sadly I lost). I promise not to rant too much, which I doubt I will be doing once I get into some nice cool water under the northern white-cedars and speckled alders with dancing mayflies and sipping trout. Or, lacking the mayflies and sipping trout, out come the #10 Royal Wulffs...

BTW, thanks for your compliments on my posts. I have considered the possibility of submitting articles to magazines, but I need some big fat fish photos to go along with them, which means I should invest in a waterproof digital camera sometime. Or actually go fishing WITH someone else for a change! And of course, I always enjoy your posts, though I am usually exhausted after reading them... ;oD

Jonathon

P.S. I'll give you a heads-up when I'm thinking about going.
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Jmd123May 14th, 2010, 6:28 pm
Oscoda, MI

P.S. In a tiny but absolutely necessary bit of relief, I actually found 4 MORELS in the woods near where my folks (and I for the moment) live. They weren't the prettiest morels I've ever found, but they sure were yummy!!
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.