Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Hendricksons

Report at a Glance

General RegionNortheast michigan
Time of DayAll day
Fish CaughtOne small brown and brookies.
Conditions & HatchesHendricksons and stoneflies. Sunny and cool.

Details and Discussion

PartsmanMay 6th, 2022, 11:19 am
bancroft michigan

Well I fished Wednesday and it was pure joy to be on the water! It was cold and sunny upon my arrival, I wanted to fish the S.B. Of the Ausable but when I got there early in the morning simply looking at the water levels told me not right now old man! So I went up to the main branch at the keystone campground and fished for quite sometime. I managed one small brown on a soft hackle. Then later in the afternoon I went back to the S.B., wading staff and studs in my wading boots were absolutely vital, a young guy might not feel to intimidated by that water but this old man was! I managed one brookies here and that was it. Hendricksons we’re coming off as well as some stoneflies. I only saw one fish rise to dun and that was it. While it was a beautiful sunny kind of a day it was still quite cool, water levels on the main branch of the Ausable were very nice, but the S.B. Is stilling running high. I have to get in as much fishing as I can for now, first week in June I’m having prostrate surgery so I’ll be missing the best fishing of the season. Hopefully I will be good to go when the tricos start to come off.
Mike.
MartinlfMay 14th, 2022, 5:41 am
Palmyra PA

Sounds like a good day, nice weather and some bugs starting! Best of luck with the season and the surgery.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Jmd123May 15th, 2022, 7:06 am
Oscoda, MI

I have oral surgery...getting a new set of teeth!!...on the 1st of June...might set back my fishing for a bit. I plan on eating Ibuprofen like candy... Got my new teeth in a box!
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Jmd123May 15th, 2022, 7:08 am
Oscoda, MI

BTW have seen a few midges on the lake & a few panfish taking them on the top...
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
PartsmanMay 15th, 2022, 5:58 pm
bancroft michigan

Who came up with the term “the golden years”? But I’m thankful for my family doc who is adamant about early detection, and the doc at Henry Ford. I’m going to try and do a little car camping this week up north so I hope the weather isn’t to crazy. Hoping everyone is getting out and enjoying some good fishing.
Mike.
MartinlfMay 17th, 2022, 6:36 am
Palmyra PA

We are lucky to live in a time when medicine can handle all kinds of things it couldn't in years past. Getting older is no picnic, but we do have many advantages our grandparents did not. Including better gear. I've been fishing a bit, and it's generally been good. Heading to Oregon for my annual trip with my nephew soon. Hoping for salmonflies on the Deschutes.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Jmd123May 17th, 2022, 8:38 am
Oscoda, MI

Talk about getting older & its medical implications...my sister just had her gall bladder yanked out yesterday due to being full of stones!! She's due home today...

Jonathon

She is recovering @ home, says she felt like she's done about 1,000 sit-ups!
PartsmanMay 17th, 2022, 11:10 am
bancroft michigan

Good luck Louis, I hope you have a good trip and take lot’s pics.
Mike.
Jmd123May 18th, 2022, 10:48 am
Oscoda, MI

Hey Louis, be sure to take plenty of pics to show us, please!

:oD

Jonathon
Jmd123May 18th, 2022, 10:52 am
Oscoda, MI

& speaking of operations, I'm getting new teeth put in on the 1st of June! After a bunch of nasty old junk is 1st pulled out & some grinding...Ibuprofen is my best friend! No can do opiates...*BARF*
WbranchMay 29th, 2022, 11:13 am
York & Starlight PA

Jdm,

I plan on eating Ibuprofen like candy..

I injured the muscles and tendons in my right hip. No fishing since it is so painful. My PCP showed a lot of empathy and gave me a refillable script for a synthetic morphine. I take one 50 mg & two 500 mg Tylenol to create a synergistic effect and I am pain free for eight hours. No driving and it does really put me in lala land. Trying to get back to my pre injury condition for my annual Montana trip. Have lost much interest in fishing the Delaware because it has been so crowded.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
PartsmanMay 30th, 2022, 3:58 pm
bancroft michigan

Matt,good to hear from you! Take care friend and be careful with cocktails!i certainly know where your coming from and next week I will be dealing with the same thing. And to be honest I’m not going to suck up it and take the pain, I’ve done that all my life. This doc better have a good rx plan or he’s not touching me.
Mike

Jmd123May 31st, 2022, 1:29 pm
Oscoda, MI

Getting a script for Norco from my oral surgeon...don't anticipate wanting to do much after getting the teeth yanked & being on that stuff...oh well, premature hot summer weather drove my local lake into "salad bowl" mode...panfish left the beds already & lost aggression...time for a break.

Jonathon

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.