Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Current Conditions

FalsiflyApril 6th, 2022, 8:42 am
Hayward, WI.

“As the dwindling remains of winter’s white wonderland slowly succumbs to the spring sun’s glare, rejuvenation swells into the watery habitat, and both flora and fauna emerge, once again, from hibernation’s hiding place.

The mind and heart of the fly fisherman is uplifted on the new season, with warm felt expectation of tomorrow’s miracles, as they unfold into the future of days past memories.

Season’s past will once again be reshaped, as the additions of days to come will be collected and stored as fodder, for the distant winter of yet to come.

Picking up where we last left off, new experiences will meld with old, expanding and enriching our knowledge and self awareness.

A renewed eye in curiosity may result in the better understanding of the winged forms with which we so desire to emulate at the vise, and increase in expectation nature’s beauty brought to hand.

Tying techniques, presentation, equipment repair or replacement and changes to the tried-and-true status quo, may emerge into new found wonder. That oh so familiar river, stream or creek, may just reveal a new secret if we grasp the season’s burgeoning potential and carry it forward onto every next cast.

Not unlike the slow unfolding petals of the flower’s march to bloom, spring offers us the renewed potential to escape our shackles anew. We are all smitten with life’s uncertainties as we traverse its twists and turns, but with each emerging spring, may the fisherman in us bloom.”

Falsifly 4/5/2022
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
PartsmanApril 6th, 2022, 10:42 am
bancroft michigan

Thank you Falsifly, so nicely put, and I needed that.
Mike.
Jmd123April 7th, 2022, 11:29 am
Oscoda, MI

We are getting there, slowly...here & there a daffodil, a bright red maple, a midge on the wing, the song of a cardinal or red-winged blackbird...we are getting there, slowly...

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
MartinlfApril 8th, 2022, 5:59 pm
Palmyra PA

Saw Noah floating by here in PA. Our streams are blown for a while.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Jmd123April 9th, 2022, 11:12 am
Oscoda, MI

Saw five beautiful male redhead ducks on my hometown lake, plus hooded mergansers & buffleheads, just passing through...nary a bite though! Still too cold...

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
MartinlfApril 16th, 2022, 5:12 am
Palmyra PA

Things have settled here. Grannoms and hendricksons. And rising fish.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.