Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Spring

FalsiflyMarch 16th, 2011, 1:00 pm
Hayward, WI.

As the dwindling remains of winter’s white wonderland slowly succumbs to the spring sun’s glare, rejuvenation swells into the watery habitat, and both flora and fauna emerge, once again, from hibernation’s hiding place. The mind and heart of the fly fisherman is uplifted on the new season, with warm felt expectation of tomorrow’s miracles, as they unfold into the future of day’s past memories. Season’s past will once again be reshaped, as the additions of days to come will be collected and stored as fodder, for the distant winter of yet to come. Picking up where we last left off, new experiences will meld with old, expanding and enriching our knowledge and self awareness. A renewed eye in curiosity may result in the better understanding of the winged forms with which we so desire to emulate at the vise, and increase in expectation nature’s beauty brought to hand. Tying techniques, presentation, equipment repair or replacement, and changes to the tried and true status quo, may emerge into new found wonder. That oh so familiar river, stream or creek, may just reveal a new secret if we grasp the season’s burgeoning potential and carry it forward onto every next cast. Not unlike the slow unfolding petals of the flower’s march to bloom, spring offers us the renewed potential to escape our shackles anew. We are all smitten with life’s uncertainties as we traverse its twists and turns, but with each emerging spring, may the fisherman in us bloom.
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
MotroutMarch 16th, 2011, 4:43 pm
I enjoyed your post a lot- very well written.

Spring has sprung here in my neck of the woods now. At least kind of... Sunday night we got 3" of wet snow, but today the temperature got up to 70 and tommorow it's supposed to get near 80 degrees. These crazy temperature swings must have gotten the fish a little confused-and anyway all the streams are really high with the sudden snow-melt. Still, this is about my favorite time of the year, and it's only gonna get better.
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
http://fishingintheozarks.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.