or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Underwater E subvaria

CrepuscularMarch 19th, 2013, 12:05 pm
Boiling Springs, PA

Playing around again

LastchanceMarch 19th, 2013, 6:28 pm
Portage, PA

Man, those are great photos. Thanks for posting them.
Bruce
CrepuscularMarch 19th, 2013, 7:59 pm
Boiling Springs, PA

Man, those are great photos. Thanks for posting them.
Bruce

Thanks Bruce.
OldredbarnMarch 19th, 2013, 11:36 pm
Novi, MI

Tomorrow morning at 7:02 its spring brother! You better put the camera down and get wrapping at the vice! :) Those Henny's on your beloved Yellow Breeches aren't going to wait for you to be ready...;)

You are killing me with these pics...Sadist. :)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
TroutnutMarch 20th, 2013, 10:40 pm
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Beautiful!
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
CrepuscularMarch 21st, 2013, 7:45 am
Boiling Springs, PA

You are killing me with these pics...Sadist. :)

Spence

Good, but it's been cold here and I'm ready for winter to break. The skunk cabbage is up in places Spring is on its way, when the forsythia starts to bloom the Hendricksons will be on, and the buds on mine are almost there. We need a run of sunny days.

Beautiful!

Thanks Jason!
Jmd123March 21st, 2013, 9:29 pm
Oscoda, MI

"...when the forsythia starts to bloom the Hendricksons will be on..."

Can't come soon enough for us Michiganders!!! I will be heading home for the Easter weekend next week and I usually fish my hometown lake for bass and panfish, kinda my kickoff to the flyfishing season. Not looking too good right now...there will likely be too much ice!

Those are very nice photos! Can't wait for them to start kicking their way to the surface around here...

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
OldredbarnMarch 21st, 2013, 11:40 pm
Novi, MI

when the forsythia starts to bloom the Hendricksons will be on

Eric...Been rereading your Marinaro again? :) I have been...

Chapter 4..."Hendrickson", "While the mountain torrents are still raging with the burden of melting snows, while the highlands are still sere and stark from wintry blasts, spring has already arrived in the beautiful Cumberland Valley, heralded by the yellow bloom of forsythia, first sign of the changing season.For the fly-fisherman of this valley there is no gradual transition from tedium of winter to the gentler season, no measured progress marked by alternate days of cold and warmth; simply and suddenly there is the forsythia, faithful precursor no matter what the state of the weather, and suddenly there are thoughts of the Yellow Breeches and-the Hendrickson.The pursuit of the hatches has begun."

That valley of yours there, brother, must be something! It can turn crusty old anglers in to poets. :)

Can you spell n-e-o-p-r-e-n-e-s? ;)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Jmd123March 22nd, 2013, 12:05 am
Oscoda, MI

"Can you spell n-e-o-p-r-e-n-e-s? ;)"

Mine sprung too many leaks last year...the breathables, fleece-lined jeans, and long johns are my only recourse right now...

Last year I caught my first fly rod trout on the 13th of April, on a peacock, olive, and grizzly (POG) Woolly Bugger, and there were early brown stoneflies, and a few Red Quills on that day. It's coming, it's coming...never soon enough!

Jonathon

No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
CrepuscularMarch 23rd, 2013, 10:00 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Eric...Been rereading your Marinaro again?

You know I was thinking about picking that thing up for a re-read. We'll see ;)
EntomanMarch 23rd, 2013, 5:58 pm
Northern CA & ID

Better get with it. Fishing season is about to begin. Reading season is almost over! :)LOL
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
DayTripperMarch 23rd, 2013, 7:09 pm
Northern MI

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing
OldredbarnMarch 23rd, 2013, 11:16 pm
Novi, MI

Better get with it. Fishing season is about to begin. Reading season is almost over! :)LOL

Here. Here. Kurt! You are right sir, time to see if those neo's leak or not...:)

CrepuscularMarch 24th, 2013, 11:17 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Oh I know,and I've been fishing over upright wings since January. but the wind has been blowing here for a week with temps in the 30's. and it's supposed to snow here again tonight.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.