Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Gander Mountain sales

WbranchJuly 24th, 2017, 2:38 pm
York & Starlight PA

Just a heads up to anyone living near a Gander Mountain. If you are not already aware they are having some amazing sales on everything in the store.

Today I bought two Scientific "Master Textured Series" Nymph/Indicator lines. They list for $85 each and I paid $25 for each line. One is a #6 and the other a #7. I bought them pretty much solely to use for my Erie steelheading as I nymph at least 95% of the time with and without an indicator. The body of the line is "willow" color and a few feet of the tip is orange to "help see takes". Kind of a funny statement relative to steelheading since when a fish eats the nymph there is absolutely no doubt that a fish took the fly.

The fishing shirts are also on sale. I already own too many of those Supplex type nylon long sleeve shirts but I did buy two heavy cotton to layer for the fall trips before it gets really cold. $10.00 per shirt for the cotton and $20 for the nylon that are normally $40.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
PartsmanJuly 24th, 2017, 6:16 pm
bancroft michigan

Thanks Matt, guess I may visit the Flint store only about a 20 mile drive. I remember when the orginal Flint store opened, I was on third shift and stopped on the way home, I was one the first there. It was very exciting to have a cool sporting good store so close to home. Boy things sure went down hill in a hurry.
Mike.
TaxonJuly 26th, 2017, 1:05 pm
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Thanks for the heads up, Matt. Was able to get a nice nylon summer fishing shirt and nylon walking shorts at the Frisco TX store for 50% off. Although I had expected to find the inventory seriously depleted by the "Going Out Of Business" sale, that was certainly not the case.
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
WbranchJuly 28th, 2017, 8:56 am
York & Starlight PA

I think that management is bringing in inventory from other stores that aren't moving it quickly enough. There was actually more clothing at my store than when I went there about three months ago after I first had heard they were closing.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.