or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Streamer video

Report at a Glance

General RegionWest Branch Delaware
Specific LocationUndisclosed
Time of Day6 - 8 in the mornng
Fish CaughtAll brown trout, about eight
Conditions & HatchesStained water, no bugs.

Details and Discussion

WbranchNovember 29th, 2016, 8:27 am
York & Starlight PA

Well I tried to post a little video of a streamer brown but I guess it is too big to post.

A little video of one of the browns I caught on streamers.

Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
TroutnutNovember 29th, 2016, 11:55 am
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

The site only works with pictures, not videos, unfortunately. But you can put it on youtube and embed it in a post here if you want by putting (youtube)http://www.youtube.com/address_of_your_video(/youtube), replacing the parantheses with square brackets.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
PartsmanNovember 29th, 2016, 1:50 pm
bancroft michigan

Thanks Jason, I was like how do I watch Matts video. Matt I hope you can get that on youtube, would love to watch it.

Mike.
WbranchNovember 30th, 2016, 9:06 am
York & Starlight PA

I will try but I want to disable the comments section because no matter what people put up there are always haters who have mean things to say.
PaulRobertsDecember 1st, 2016, 8:00 am
Colorado

I'd love to see you fishing, Matt. Put it up, if you will.
I will try but I want to disable the comments section because no matter what people put up there are always haters who have mean things to say.

I certainly hope not. I'm starting a YT channel myself this winter/spring, and I've been a little concerned about dealing with negative comments.
WbranchDecember 2nd, 2016, 7:09 am
York & Starlight PA

Hi Paul,

It is only about a 15 second video. Nothing really special. Just me holding the rod in one hand and the camera in the other while I run my mouth about it being a nice 18" brown.
PaulRobertsDecember 6th, 2016, 7:45 am
Colorado

I see. Hey... sounds like you just got your first negative comment -from yourself! :) Would be fun to see anyway.

I now fish with 2 GoPro's -one on my chest and one on my hat. I look ridiculous (Hope Spence doesn't read this). But... I can finally get photos (and video) -and fun action shots too- without... hiring a photographer. In my magazine writing it was always difficult to do both the fishing and photography justice -they are separate jobs.
WbranchDecember 6th, 2016, 7:59 am
York & Starlight PA

Paul,

I see. Hey... sounds like you just got your first negative comment -from yourself! :)

Haha, I never thought of that. That would be a very mild negative comment on YouTube. Many of the comments are just brutal and full of vitriol.
PaulRobertsDecember 6th, 2016, 8:39 am
Colorado

Yes, it's sad, and more than a little scary, what people are now willing to say "publicly". It's not necessarily the content either, as much as the vitriol.
FalsiflyDecember 7th, 2016, 7:06 am
Hayward, WI.

I just don't understand how any caring and compassionate human being would purposely cause the pain and struggling of a poor defenseless tiny 18 inch fish. Especially one of God's most beautiful. You should be ashamed of yourself, a full grown man, you are nothing more than a despicable bully.

There you go Matt, now that that is taken care of go ahead and post the video.
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
PaulRobertsDecember 7th, 2016, 9:00 am
Colorado

LOL. Oh... Allan, that is lightweight material nowadays.

But keep it up and one of those pesky mods are going to shut this thread down. Where are they anyway? Let's flush em out...

@#^$%&%%$@^&^*&^%$#TG)(*&*%WFDY#^$%#$RTGH^$&%^$TGV%@Q#%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK... I'm gonna let loose now....
I'll bet this is a family-friendly site! There's probably fly-boys, nymphos, lead slingers, and purists all here gettin it on together. Probably flower lovers, mushroom huggers, vegetarians and bird-watchers! And some namby-pamby hockey players and wannabe writers too (Hey! I resemble that remark. I even offended myself! I am BAAADDDD!). Buncha candy-ass sissy-mary's!
Jmd123December 7th, 2016, 9:45 am
Oscoda, MI

Hey Paul, a bit of comic relief is never unwelcome!

Well folks, the reason people can say all of these things on the Web is because they don't have to LOOK YOU IN THE EYE and say them, like a real man (or woman) does. It's so easy to say whatever ridiculously insulting things you want to when you have the safety of a computer screen between you and your victim. All the bad-ass-wannabe's in this world can be anything they want to be without having to prove it, like the guy from the U of M Biological Station who always caught "lots" of fish when by himself, but when he went twice with my buddy he didn't catch a thing...

Seeing is believing, that's why I post pics of my catch on here. Matt, go ahead and post that video! Screw the critics, THEY didn't catch that fish now did they?

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
WbranchDecember 7th, 2016, 1:23 pm
York & Starlight PA

Falsify,

I just don't understand how any caring and compassionate human being would purposely cause the pain and struggling of a poor defenseless tiny 18 inch fish. Especially one of God's most beautiful. You should be ashamed of yourself, a full grown man, you are nothing more than a despicable bully.

There you go Matt, now that that is taken care of go ahead and post the video.

I got a real laugh out of your haters comment! Thanks for sharing it you ungrateful S.O.B.

Jonathon,

It's so easy to say whatever ridiculously insulting things you want to when you have the safety of a computer screen between you and your victim.

Can you imagine how many guys would get clocked when uttering their heinous comments to someone's face?? I like to watch the videos where a bully is picking on a smaller person and the person of lesser stature executes a flying back kick and knocks the guy out cold.
Jmd123December 8th, 2016, 10:14 am
Oscoda, MI

Like I said Matt, most people are too chickenshit to say these things out loud to someone's face, knowing that they WOULD get clocked. Hell, I almost beat up a stupid drunken kid in a bar who thought he could steal part of my Halloween costume. Don't think he counted on me getting in his face and insulting him in front of all of his friends, none of whom seemed eager to defend him. I doubt he would have tried something so stupid when he was sober, just like people wouldn't ever have the guts to say insulting things to people's faces. But hey, a computer screen and/or some alcohol makes it OK to say just any stupid thing that comes to your mind...

And yes, I always love it when a bully gets his comeuppance, especially as the vast majority if not all of them are actually pussies trying to make themselves feel bigger than someone else. I wonder how some of those who picked on me in school would have fared in Army Basic Training (which I went through right out of high school) or even on one of my current adventures or work situations here in the north country...

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.