Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Just back from Roscoe

SofthackleJune 10th, 2008, 4:51 pm
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Was in Roscoe the tail end of last week. Fishing was tough and the water was low. The extremely hot temps brought up the water temps, and I did not fish Saturday evening because of it. Fishing was fairly good in the mornings when the water was cooler. The most prolific fish-taker was a Partridge and Olive Emerger in size 14.

Did some tying at the Clearwater Junction Fly Tying show, there, on Friday. Talked to many good tiers and finally got to meet Allen McGee. His intensity, knowledge, skill and friendliness made the meeting a great one.

Hopefully, it'll cool down a bit so I might get out on my home water, soon.

Hope all of you are getting some fishing in.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html
69erJune 10th, 2008, 5:14 pm
Banned
kilsyth

rodsco never herrd of it??? ... (insert ban-worthy vandalism here)
i think im a gehy persons
Shawnny3June 10th, 2008, 6:14 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

I think I missed you, Mark, which bums me out. I arrived Saturday morning and left Sunday morning. I wish I'd known you would be there - I would have made an attempt to meet you face to face. I probably should have posted a thread on here so we could have found out ahead of time who was going to be heading up. Oh, well.

It was a great show, not because of the number of people who attended but because of how many great tiers were there. Everyone I met was really nice, and I was glad to meet so many down-to-earth tiers who are so talented. The highlight for me was meeting Joan Wulff. Lee Wulff's writings were some of the few I owned in my early years of tying, and they inspired me. It was an honor to meet Joan and to play a small part in raising money for conservation efforts she and Lee helped bring to the forefront of flyfishing culture. She is such a graceful and gentle person - reminded me of my grandmother. What a fantastic experience.

-Shawn

P.S. For those of you who don't know, Roscoe is the cradle of North American flyfishing. It is so close to so many storied waters that it gave me goosebumps as I drove the winding roads leading up to it.
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
SofthackleJune 11th, 2008, 6:29 am
Site Editor
Wellsville, NY

Shawn,
I must have walked right by you, and I'm sorry it didn't click with me who you were. Otherwise I would have stopped to say hi and introduce myself. I returned about mid-afternoon Saturday to meet with and see some other tiers like Aaron Hirschorn, John Bonasera, Ted Patlen, and a few more. Hopefully, we'll touch base at another time.

Mark
"I have the highest respect for the skilled wet-fly fisherman, as he has mastered an art of very great difficulty." Edward R. Hewitt

Flymphs, Soft-hackles and Spiders: http://www.troutnut.com/libstudio/FS&S/index.html

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.