Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Back country trout fishing

Grubb3214January 12th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Posts: 7hey guys well i have been fishing here in east tennessee the past couple of weeks it has been slow a couple of stragglers here and there. I am wanting to get a back country hiking trip set up with a couple of people this spring to do a little fly fishing and camping sortive like a gathering, I am also into survival back country also yea i am one of the crazy ones hike in no food catch my own food lol if any one is interested just let me know we will get a date set
JesseJanuary 13th, 2012, 3:44 pm
Thats legit mayne where are you planning on heading?
Most of us fish our whole lives..not knowing its not the fish that we are after.
http://www.filingoflyfishing.com
Grubb3214January 13th, 2012, 4:11 pm
Posts: 7i aint decided yet probally over to cold gap creek up on fontana in north carolina we have our gatherings over there sometimes it is a blast it is a little bit of survival skills and group fun i love it
OldredbarnJanuary 16th, 2012, 11:12 am
Novi, MI

hey guys well i have been fishing here in east tennessee the past couple of weeks it has been slow a couple of stragglers here and there. I am wanting to get a back country hiking trip set up with a couple of people this spring to do a little fly fishing and camping sortive like a gathering, I am also into survival back country also yea i am one of the crazy ones hike in no food catch my own food lol if any one is interested just let me know we will get a date set

Hmmm...Let me see here. A guy who's handle is Grubb, east Tennessee, a couple stragglers, back country hiking trip, one of the crazy ones, living off the land, survivalist...Didn't Hollywood make a movie of this back in the 60's?! :)

I think I might just pass this one up...;)

Cue banjo: ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding...ding-a, ding, ding, ding, ding-a, ding, ding, ding. do, da, da, do, do. etc...

Spence

I'm just having some fun here...It was impossible to pass up.
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Pryal74January 16th, 2012, 11:18 am
Escanaba, MI

At least you would get to fish with Burt Reynolds Spence!
-James Pryal
Into The Wild Fly Fishing
Jmd123January 17th, 2012, 12:08 pm
Oscoda, MI

And be sure to take your compound bow with you!!

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
OldredbarnJanuary 17th, 2012, 2:21 pm
Novi, MI

And be sure to take your compound bow with you!!

Jonathon

No Jonathon! I think we will be better served if we borrow that big machine gun your Pop plays with from time-to-time..."Go big or stay home, eh!" :)

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
GutcutterJanuary 17th, 2012, 7:45 pm
Pennsylvania

hey guys
Cue banjo: ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding...ding-a, ding, ding, ding, ding-a, ding, ding, ding. do, da, da, do, do. etc...

Spence

I'm just having some fun here...It was impossible to pass up.

Well, boy, just don't squeal like a pig...
All men who fish may in turn be divided into two parts: those who fish for trout and those who don't. Trout fishermen are a race apart: they are a dedicated crew- indolent, improvident, and quietly mad.

-Robert Traver, Trout Madness
Grubb3214February 1st, 2012, 11:43 am
Posts: 7lol i dont thik your man enough to hike into gap creek and ruff it for a few days i would say your a paper pusher arent yea thats alright these east tennessee boys know how to take everything with a grain of salt one day you might be man enough to take on a something that it is easy for the mountain boys but i would perfer you to pass so i dont have to baby sit any one... they may have made a movie about it but i dont watch tv i am always doing something productive but thanks for your input
PaulRobertsFebruary 1st, 2012, 1:35 pm
Colorado

Yeesh, guys.

Hey Grubb, is that in the Pisgah?
Looks like beautiful country:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftQf3nvZIlg
GldstrmSamFebruary 1st, 2012, 3:52 pm
Fairbanks, Alaska

...i dont watch tv i am always doing something productive...

Watching TV is pretty much a waste of time. There is not much on there that is worth watching anymore. If people would actually get out of their overstuffed lazy chair and get outside they could probably learn more than if they watched the Discovery channel 24/7.
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus
MartinlfFebruary 2nd, 2012, 7:48 pm
Palmyra PA

If I recall from my days in North Carolina, Cold Gap Creek is a remote wild trout stream that some access by boat on Lake Fontana. I always wanted to fish it when I lived in Chapel Hill, but didn't get the chance. Anyone lucky enough to fish it would find it well worth the effort, from what I hear. Jesse, let us know how it fishes, OK?

http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/outdoors-travel/adventures/hidden-treasures-in-our-national-parks/
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Grubb3214February 2nd, 2012, 11:34 pm
Posts: 7Yea it is on Fontana but I can tell u the last time is were I caught my 27in brown but if u boat in its about five miles but if u hike it all the way like a man not a boy then its about ten to twelve miles hell half these boy s on here probably can walk to the shitter without getting tired simper fi

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.