or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Little Juniata, Page 4

This discussion is about the Little Juniata River

The Discussion

OldredbarnOctober 21st, 2014, 1:54 pm
Novi, MI

Tony...Irony...No! :)

Isn't the Little J where Brucie bathes? ;) He swims with the fishes...

Spence

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
LastchanceOctober 21st, 2014, 6:20 pm
Portage, PA

Tony...Irony...No! :)

Isn't the Little J where Brucie bathes? ;) He swims with the fishes...

Spence

Hey Spence! Yep, that's where I fish and bathe. HA! I'm glad I was with you during my swim. What a time we had.
OldredbarnOctober 21st, 2014, 7:11 pm
Novi, MI

Hey Spence! Yep, that's where I fish and bathe. HA! I'm glad I was with you during my swim. What a time we had.

I didn't know if I should have tried to save you or throw you a bar of soap! You must have a little river otter in you, my friend. I have never seen someone go under and shake it off like it was nothing the way you did.

We will have to do it again, for sure...Despite the nervous tick he developed after all the swarming mosquitoes he had to endure here in Michigan, John survived a trip north this past summer. I think the nearly two-foot Brown he caught helped him to forget...At least for a moment...His wife did tell me he had nightmares there for a few weeks after, but it eventually went away.

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Jmd123October 21st, 2014, 11:05 pm
Oscoda, MI

"I have never seen someone go under and shake it off like it was nothing the way you did."

I had a similar incident with my consulting boss many years ago on the Rifle. We were wading downstream after an evening of dry flying, it's getting pretty dark, and suddenly he trips over a log and is completely submerged, face down, in the river in a fraction of a second! Then just as suddenly, he pops right back up and says, "I'm fine! No problem! I got dry clothes in the car!" He never has wanted to go back there with me again, though...

;oD

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
OldredbarnOctober 23rd, 2014, 7:05 pm
Novi, MI

"Dry clothes in the car"?! Hell! Brucie just left his Yogi Bear boxers hanging on a tree limb. He went back two week later to see if they had dried out enough to put them back on.

Spence

LastchanceOctober 23rd, 2014, 7:26 pm
Portage, PA

Wow! Dry clothes are overrated. How about it, Spence.
Page:1234

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.