Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Fly Fishing Show (Somerset, NJ), Jan 23-25

Shawnny3January 19th, 2009, 7:46 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

I am going to be displaying this coming weekend at the Fly Fishing Show, and I was hoping to see some of you there. The show is held at the Garden State Convention Center in Somerset, NJ. This is the world's largest flyfishing show and promises many excellent displays and seminars. If you're able to attend, please stop by my booth and say hello. I will be demonstrating hookmaking with 18-karat gold and will have many finished flies and hooks on display.

I've also just released my first wearable piece, a Gray Ghost necklace pendant. Click the link in my signature to see it. I'll also have one on display this weekend.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
MartinlfJanuary 21st, 2009, 5:56 am
Palmyra PA

Shawn this is an amazing tie. I love the grey ghost streamer and think you captured the spirit of the ghost in your creation.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Shawnny3January 22nd, 2009, 4:31 am
Pleasant Gap, PA

Thank you, Louis.

-Shawn
www.davisflydesigns.com
SandflyJanuary 22nd, 2009, 5:13 am
tioga co. pa.

I'll be there, and will stop by to say HI!
sandfly
shop owner
N.J.B.B.A. #2215
Tiadaughton T.U. 688
I didn't Escape------They gave me a day pass !
Shawnny3January 22nd, 2009, 9:23 am
Pleasant Gap, PA

It would be nice to meet you, Bob.

Safe travels,
Shawn
www.davisflydesigns.com
Dr_BlueDunJanuary 28th, 2009, 3:15 pm
Long Island NY

Shawn, I did drop by on Saturday and your Grey Ghost was impressive, plus your hook making demo---I didn't think too much of the show however--- my favorite friends/fly tyers where there--but the show was too much outfitters, very poor on tying supplies, rod & reel manufacturers were a plenty---prices that stagger the imagination. I'm glad I build my own rods, so all I worry about is the cost of the reels. Happy to join the forum which I have lurked for a lot of years.
"Doc"
MartinlfJanuary 28th, 2009, 4:07 pm
Palmyra PA

Doc, great to have you with us.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
Shawnny3January 29th, 2009, 3:55 pm
Pleasant Gap, PA

Welcome, Doc. I heard a similar analysis of the Show from others - good for those looking to book trips, not so good for those looking for flytying materials. The Symposium in November was probably better for the latter. I'm glad you stopped by my table, and thank you for the compliment on the Ghost and hooks. I try to tie the Ghost as much as possible as Carrie would have, and while I won't say my tying of the Ghost is better than anyone else's, I would venture that there are few if any who pay as careful attention to materials and techniques as I do when tying it. Being no expert on Stevens myself, it took me quite a bit of research and the assistance of some of the world's foremost experts on Stevens, but I'm pleased with the result. And the hooks, well, they're my own little slice of insanity.

I'm also glad you came out of hiding on this board. It's already obvious from your first few posts that you will make appreciated contributions. This is a nice little community of people, and though I've been on a lot of forums trying to gain exposure for my work, they usually don't feel quite right to me. This is as good a place to be on the web if you love trout and the things they eat.

-Shawn
www.davisflydesigns.com

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.