Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Looking for used equipment

Jjlyon01October 18th, 2007, 7:55 am
SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse

Hey Guys,

It's Jamie again. I'm not trying to be a mooch or anything, but I would like to know if anyone has some old equipment that never sees the light of day? Maybe you could tell your wife or girlfriend you finally got rid of that old rod hidden in the closet. That $20 pflueger combo you got when you first started up (I have one myself). I am looking for stuff for the club here at ESF for all those begginners who do not have any equipment of their own. I have a few rods I am donating myself...but it seems that I have started a large following here and we may need some rods, reels, maybe some old waders with holes, and old fly lines that are just laying around. If anybody has anything at all, even if the rod tip is broken off, please let me know. I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks a lot guys.
"I now walk into the wild"
RleePOctober 18th, 2007, 4:12 pm
NW PA - Pennsylvania's Glacial Pothole Wonderland

Jamie..

Would you have any use for tying materials for your club? Stuff like assorted Mustad hooks, a few bobbins and/or other tools and a bunch of asst. hair and feathers, etc.?

I have no spare rods. I'm down under 20 now as it is and you can imagine how nervous that makes a guy...:) But I probably have a few older but servicable lines as well as a couple older but working reels I could send along.

And for sure some tying materials. I've been a long time slave to the Cabela's grab bag materials assortments and I have piles of stuff laying around

Send me a PM with a mailing address and I'll ship the stuff out pronto.

Lee
Jjlyon01October 18th, 2007, 4:43 pm
SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse

Everything including fly tying materials would be great as well. If anyone has any of this stuff they are willing to part with I will gladly pay for shipping and handling. My address here at school is 299 Flint Hall 2 Mount Olympus Syracuse, NY 13210. Thanks again and thank you a ton Lee
"I now walk into the wild"
CaseyPOctober 18th, 2007, 5:17 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

going to send a few wooly buggers your way since i've never caught a fish on one, but everyone tells me they are great for beginners. turned out my fly boxes today and there they were, sulking in a corner. maybe you all will love them better!
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.