Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > HELP Sage Hi-Modulus Fiberglass B676-4SFS

FisherdaveNovember 17th, 2017, 7:05 pm
Gun Barrel City, tx

Hey, everybody. Dave @ Cedar Creek Lake here. Just came across a rod in my Grandpa's old garage that I need info on?? A Sage Hi-Modulus Fiberglass B676-4SFS in mint condition, but no luck locating any information on this specific rod online. Anybody out there have any idea of worth, rarity, age (looks pretty old)?
WbranchNovember 19th, 2017, 6:44 am
York & Starlight PA

I found this instantly by Googling Sage Hi-Modulus Fiberglass B676-4SFS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGE-HI-MODULUS-FIBERGLASS-B679SFL-Fly-Fishing-Rod-Custom-/122399709462

I know it isn't the same number but it is close. If you are that interested in the history of the rod contact Sage. Here is a link to various methods of making contact via; physical address, phone number, and a form you can fill out and send to their customer service.

http://www.sageflyfish.com/contact
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
CrepuscularNovember 19th, 2017, 9:12 am
Boiling Springs, PA

Hey, everybody. Dave @ Cedar Creek Lake here. Just came across a rod in my Grandpa's old garage that I need info on?? A Sage Hi-Modulus Fiberglass B676-4SFS in mint condition, but no luck locating any information on this specific rod online. Anybody out there have any idea of worth, rarity, age (looks pretty old)?

Cool find. Kind of a rare rod. Sage-Windslow made fiberglass rods for only a short period of time. 1978-1984 (I think) Serial Numbers started in 1980 with the Letter A. Do you have the serial number for the rod? The B may indicate that the rod was custom made from a sage blank. The blanks may not have serial numbers. So it may be difficult to age the rod without a serial number I've never seen one in person.
FisherdaveNovember 19th, 2017, 3:35 pm
Gun Barrel City, tx

thanks i cant find a serial number on it just the b670-4sfs next to sage. I found a list online that showed that the SFS was made in 1983. The only ss number i found was one on the Rod Caddy Tube it was in. model# 305-24 / ss# H-3
but that may have gone to some other rod. my grandpa had
id post a pic of it if i can figure out how to

FisherdaveNovember 19th, 2017, 4:46 pm
Gun Barrel City, tx

I posted pics of it in the Troutnut Forum > Photography if you like to see
CrepuscularNovember 19th, 2017, 5:14 pm
Boiling Springs, PA

thanks i cant find a serial number on it just the b670-4sfs next to sage. I found a list online that showed that the SFS was made in 1983. The only ss number i found was one on the Rod Caddy Tube it was in. model# 305-24 / ss# H-3
but that may have gone to some other rod. my grandpa had
id post a pic of it if i can figure out how to

I don't think that is a factory rod serial #. My best guess is that someone made the rod.But I could be wrong. Typically all sage blanks have a "B" before the model #. If it has as serial number it may be written in dark ink on the blank above or below the SAGE logo and model information. If you look at the rod that Wbranch linked to, it is a custom build with the "B" before the model number.
FisherdaveNovember 19th, 2017, 8:02 pm
Gun Barrel City, tx

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.