Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > More Free Stuff

Wbranch has attached this picture. The message is below.
Shown Full Size
WbranchJanuary 26th, 2012, 8:50 pm
York & Starlight PA

Pentax SF1 Auto focus;

Pentax AF SF1 with 1.7 50mm w/strap, 28 - 70mm, 75 - 200 mm, all lens autofucus to camera body, Achiever diffuser flash, polorizers, sun hoods, case for tele, big case for all the components - I'm helping my wife cleanout our basement so the first guy, or gal, who is willing to pay for shipping box and postage, or is willing to come to York, takes it home. Otherwise Good Will gets a donation.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
OldredbarnJanuary 27th, 2012, 5:16 pm
Novi, MI

Boy! This is a sign of the times, eh, Matt?! Can't even give away a camera set that was once considered primo...I'm not sure where you even can get film developed these days?

I have a Nikon F3 body that's sitting on a shelf too.

I know there is no money in it so they won't do it, but it would be nice if someone developed a way of inserting a digital unit inside the old film area of a camera so we could take digital pics using the older stuff. You heard it here first...:) Otherwise, they are boat-anchors like everything else we have tossed in the new era. Typewriters, land-line phones, my old 386 computer box I was so proud of way back in the day! Large TV's as well...

In 1987 I graduated from the university and had planned a month trip to Germany for myself as a gift for finally making it through. I purchased the Nikon mentioned above. At the time the guy told me that I was getting it at a good time since it will only go up...In 1996 in Italy someone broke in to our car and stole a nice zoom lens I had and was tired of dragging around.

At that time the original salesman was right and the body and the lens had both doubled in price from when I purchased them and my insurance took care of it minus my deductible. Now...I can't tell you what someone might pay for it.

Spence

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
GldstrmSamJanuary 28th, 2012, 3:04 am
Fairbanks, Alaska

Being into photography I would almost get it for the lenses, but then again they most likely are the wrong mount for a Canon DSLR.
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus
WbranchJanuary 28th, 2012, 7:07 am
York & Starlight PA

Yea, technology can really be a bitch when it obsoletes stuff that initially cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. I'd venture to say that the camera, three lenses, bounce flash, polorizers, filters, and gear bag were close to a $1,000. I tried to sell it on two other fishing forums that have classified sections for $40 and never got one hit.

A guy about thirty miles north of me is comng to get it this morning. I also had a Panasonic "Palmcorder" with two long life batteries, ten film cartridges (this was the small film format) and couldn't sell it for $50. I gave it to the Salvation Army yesterday and will put it down as a charitable donation next year.

Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.