Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > whats your tying area look like?, Page 3

OldredbarnJanuary 18th, 2010, 8:16 pm
Novi, MI

Wbranch,

I just viewed your email to me and your fishing hut...You are my new role model! I'm a financial rep and lately all my wife and I have been thinking about is where's the retirement exit. She's been an insurance agent for 31+ years and we are doing all we can to try and find our old mojo and get motivated somehow to rev up for another year on the job...I'm 56, as of the beginning of this month, so it will be sometime yet, but you have shown me the light at the end of the tunnel.

I actually had a guy in my office today who's all set and can't talk his wife in to making the leap...I told him about losing Rusty Gates at 54 and that he better get busy...We don't have any guarantees...

My new saying is from Bob Marley, "You got to lively up yourself and don't be no dread!"

It's good to hear a story of a fellow angler who's done the right things...Stuck some dough away...and is enjoying life!

I have never slept so well as the times I've been in a cabin near the river with the windows open...What a lullaby...

The only problem here in Michigan is that the National Guard base is close by the best trout stream in the state...Sometimes up there you think you are in Vietnam...

Tight lines and thanks again for the motivational photo...and example..Wish me luck!

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Jmd123January 18th, 2010, 10:31 pm
Oscoda, MI

You are an old hippie...

J-Mon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
RogueratAugust 4th, 2011, 7:52 pm
I finally built a 'real' tying desk, patterned on the commercially available units one would see in a fly catalog from one of the 'big box' outdoor chains.

I'm also a woodworker so the material was readily at hand, came up with a pretty nice-looking portable desk with spool racks, tool slots and holders, clamp-areas for my vise and magnifying lamp (yeah, I'm well into the bifocal stage of life so any help seeing is critical).

material is stored in a bunch of small stacking file cabinets, modular and also readily available.

now, a question for consideration- has anyone ever used one of the miniature vacuum-cleaners meant for electronics- keyboards and the like- on a tying desk? I'm married to the most forgiving wife in the world, she admires every fly I create with a 'that's nice,dear' and I want to keep her happy. that means no deer hair clippings on the floor, stray feathers hanging out of the dog's mouth, and so on.

I Peter 5:7...'Cast your cares upon Him'
Page:123

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.