Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > I don't know how to title this

IasgairMarch 1st, 2017, 6:42 pm
Colorado

And really there's not a proper place to post this, but I was messing around on the forum, and I see that most of the people here live in PA by a huge margin.

I somewhat feel out of place now.
CrepuscularMarch 2nd, 2017, 2:27 am
Boiling Springs, PA

There has definitely been a strong PA presence here over the years, but I think the current active users represent more than just PA. No need to feel
out of place. PA has over 86,000 miles of streams and rivers.And is steeped in fly fishing history. There is a strong argument that fly fishing in the US started here in PA, not in the Catskills. I don't get into that argument because I love it all, but it is interesting to hear the case for PA! Among other states the most active users hail from CO, MI, CA, NY, WI, WA, OR and PA. Maybe we in PA just have big mouths ;)
LeakybootsMarch 2nd, 2017, 7:05 am
Hermitage,pa

I've been fishing for Trout in Pa. for 55 plus years and fly fishing for over 50 of them years. There was a trophy Trout stream, fly fishing only section of stream where I did most of my fly fishing. I can remember fishing all week and seeing only one or two other fishermen in the 60's. Now when i go out its standing room only.

I've only have fly fished in Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, And West Virginia. Seems like there were a lot of fly fishermen in those states. Seemed to be more fly fishing than bait fishing in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Alaska. I haven't seen much difference in Trout fishing from state to state, what works here seems to work everywhere else.
Will Shaver
IasgairMarch 2nd, 2017, 7:14 am
Colorado

I have heard nothing but positive things about the rivers and streams in PA. I would love to visit sometime.

The man who built my bamboo rod lives in Pulaski PA. Chris Lantzy is his name.

I have seen all the blue lines going through PA on the map. I can just imagine the fly fishing history of that state and the surrounding states as well. It must be very educational and fun to learn about.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.