or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Caught on NWS radar

FalsiflyJuly 22nd, 2014, 10:46 am
Hayward, WI.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/arx/?n=mayflygeneral#July202014
Click on July 20, 2014 and scroll down.
Falsifly
When asked what I just caught that monster on I showed him. He put on his magnifiers and said, "I can't believe they can see that."
Kschaefer3July 22nd, 2014, 11:51 am
St. Paul, MN

I saw that. AWESOME! I should have been fishing that evening.
Jmd123July 23rd, 2014, 12:32 am
Oscoda, MI

When I was in the Tawas Bay area (Lake Huron) today I noticed a LOT of fresh Hex on the front of some buildings. They're still not done around here, no doubt due to the still cooler than average temperatures we're having. Hey, I'm not complaining, it saves me on electric bills for air conditioning and it will keep the trout streams going through the normal "dog days" of August and September - I never did very well at this time of year until last year, when cooler, moister conditions kept them going for me...

Jonathon

P.S. Light Cahills were thick on one of my favorite spots last night - and I have seen fish react to this hatch like it was the Hex, everybody is up on top feeding!
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
RMlytleJuly 26th, 2014, 2:44 pm
Connecticut

I'd imagine you could catch all sorts of interesting species on dries in an emergence like that.
GusJuly 28th, 2014, 3:11 pm
colorado

most have been some happy fish around those parts!
"How do you help that son of a bitch?"

"By taking him fishing"

-A River Runs Through It

www.jsrods.com

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.