Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Site updates from June 18, 2005

Updates from June 18, 2005

Videos by Troutnut from the Namekagon River in Wisconsin

Blizzard-like Hex Hatch
This video shows just how blizzard-like the Hexagenia limbata hatch can be. I only wish my digital camera had had respectable video capability back in 2005.

The Namekagon is not known as a Hex hatch river, for good reason: the hatch is extremely rare and localized, and there are often few if any trout where the Hexes are. During this trip I caught nothing and heard no risers, but it was still a memorable night out in the middle of nowhere.
Date ShotJun 18, 2005
Date AddedMar 31, 2006
AuthorTroutnut

On-stream insect photos by Troutnut from the Namekagon River in Wisconsin

Some Hexagenia limbata duns and several smaller mayflies litter the surface of this river during a Hex emergence. From the Namekagon River in Wisconsin.
Some Hexagenia limbata duns and several smaller mayflies litter the surface of this river during a Hex emergence.
Date TakenJun 18, 2005
Date AddedJan 25, 2006
AuthorTroutnut
A huge swarm of Hexagenia limbata spinners gathers over the riffle. From the Namekagon River in Wisconsin.
A huge swarm of Hexagenia limbata spinners gathers over the riffle.
Date TakenJun 18, 2005
Date AddedJan 25, 2006
AuthorTroutnut
Giant Hexagenia limbata spinners leave ghostly trails around the glow of a full moon. From the Namekagon River in Wisconsin.
Giant Hexagenia limbata spinners leave ghostly trails around the glow of a full moon.
Date TakenJun 18, 2005
Date AddedJan 25, 2006
AuthorTroutnut

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.