Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Some Bugs!, Page 2

Jesse has attached these 5 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (4.5X larger)
EntomanJanuary 17th, 2013, 10:09 pm
Northern CA & ID

Nice hijack, guys. Expertly done... I keep checking the new posts hoping to read more discussion about hatches. At least the last few haven't stimulated my appetite, which is something I could certainly do without following the holidays!:)
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
Jmd123January 18th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Oscoda, MI

C'mon Kurt, get that garlic butter warmed up and break out the Old Bay seasoning...we talkin' crawdaddies!

I didn't check the link yet Matt, but we have rusty crayfish here in the Great Lakes that have invaded and taken over the crayfish population in some areas. In my minnow traps set to capture fish for my aquarium in the lower Au Sable, all I caught is rusty crayfish, no other species. They can be easily recognized by the rusty spot on their sides.

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
EntomanJanuary 18th, 2013, 2:03 pm
Northern CA & ID

...Old Bay seasoning...

Now that's dirty pool, Jonathon. In my youth, we lived in a house on the banks of the Sacramento for several years. In those days the anadromous fish runs were still pretty healthy. We fished off the boat dock all the time and were always bringing in catfish and the occasional steelhead or striper to filet. A crawdad trap was always hanging off the back of the dock to catch grill compliments for the fish. Crawdad tails sprinkled liberally with Old Bay and a little kosher salt and grilled to perfection... Drizzled with garlic butter sauce while resting on sourdough so fresh it's still warm before it's lightly toasted... Thick striper fillets, corn on the cob, perhaps some asparagus grilled in a pepper garlic sauce. Mmmm...

It's not right for you to conjure such images. I've got ten pounds to lose to be in fighting trim before the season begins!!:)LOL
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
Page:12

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.