Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > New guy

ClmingoJuly 1st, 2010, 5:44 pm
Yeagertown,Pa

I'm new to this forum, but not to flyfishing I have about 35 years ffing under my belt and 30 years tying. Just wanted to say hello to all forum members.I'm from the central part of Pa.I fish Penns,Spring,Big fishing creeks and the LittleJ.
“There are no great men. Just great challenges which ordinary men,out of necessity, are forced by circumstance to meet.”

Admiral (Bull) Halsey Jr.

MartinlfJuly 1st, 2010, 9:22 pm
Palmyra PA

Welcome, Dan; there are a bunch of PA guys here, and many of us like those streams too.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
OldredbarnJuly 2nd, 2010, 11:33 am
Novi, MI

Dan,

We get any more PA Anglers on this site we are going to have to rename it "PA TroutNut"! This Little J seems to get mentioned a great deal by you guys. It must get pounded! What's it like there?

Welcome! When we aren't getting off-track on this site (read talking hockey or just leaning toward the silly side of things and you all know who you are...Dan I'm always trying to keep everyone serious and on the straight-and-narrow on this site...If it wasn't for me it would just spin completely out-of-cotrol! Well me and Louis at least:) ,there is a lot of great info sharing here.

We, of course, have Jason's great bug photos here...We are all waiting for him to get this Alaskan research & honeymoon making plans thing over with so he can update some gaps in the bug book. He really needs to think about getting back to work and not playing around up there!

We "nerds" on this page have our own comic book version of super-heros i.e. "The Bug Boys" (able to id aquatic insects in a single bound) "Taxon the Terrific" & "Gonzo the Great"...As Underdog used to say "Never fear Taxon & Gonzo are here!"...

So. Step right up and make yourself at home...Maybe grab a cup of Joe or a cold Molson (Spence usually does) and ask away...One pointer though, that is if you have no sense of humor, stay away from the hockey topic...It can get pretty heated here with Gutcutter in Pittsburgh, a few Cornell boys, and a kid that grew up in Hersey with 'dem Bears...and least we forget...There are a few of our Canadian friends from north of the border here from time-to-time, crying over the fate of the Leafs.

There are other colorful characters on this site to enjoy and many many years of collective fishing knowledge and for the most part they don't bite unless you are passing on the coordinates to their favorite fishing hole...So welcome again!

Spence (a Detroit Red Wings fan since 1966 and romantically attached to Michigan's Au Sable since 1970).
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Jmd123July 3rd, 2010, 1:11 pm
Oscoda, MI

Spence, we're being overrun by these PA-ers...good thing they have enough of their own streams to keep them occupied in their own state!!

Dan, welcome to the site, and now you've become acquainted with our resident novelist, Spence. If you find you have too much nervous energy, read maybe 5 or 6 of his posts and you'll be thoroughly exhausted... ;oD

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
VinlflyfishJuly 4th, 2010, 9:46 am
northern cambria

little j is great fishin
trout; a mans best friend
ClmingoJuly 6th, 2010, 1:40 pm
Yeagertown,Pa

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Spence I'm a Pittsburgh fan every thing Pittsburgh and I also bleed blue & white go PSU. I don't like any thing from that big city to the east of me not even the cheesestakes.If any of you fine gents get to my neck of the woods get in touch with me I'd love to fish with any and all. If you have any ? about central Pa. just ask.I'm mot limited to the streams in my first post I some times get ants in my pants and take road trips.
“There are no great men. Just great challenges which ordinary men,out of necessity, are forced by circumstance to meet.”

OldredbarnJuly 6th, 2010, 8:01 pm
Novi, MI

Dan,

After reading your last post all I can say is mister you will feel right at home on this site...

Now I must admit a fondness for the Broadstreet Bullies back in the day and the Flyers of the mid-80's...I ask that you and Tony (Gutcutter) forgive me here...prior to Stevie Y there were some lean, dark years in Detroit and if I shut off my TV when the Wings ended the season...I would have missed a hell-of-a-lot-of good hockey!

Mark Howe, Pelle Lindbergh, Brian Propp, Big Tim Kerr, Peter Zezel, Davey Poulin, Murray Craven, Dougie Crossman, Brad McKrimmon, and Hextal...Oh & a young Rick Tocchet etc...Ron Sutter...I'm forgetting someone.

Tony has told me how long you Pittsburgh fans have suffered without a win against the team from the eastern side of your state...His family has had season tickets since 1970! But what was I to do? Yes there were the Canadians, then the Islanders, and the upstarts from Edmonton
but that mid-80's Flyers team was tough!

Well just know you are among friends here...Friends of hockey and Trout Nuts everywhere, eh!

Spence

"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
ClmingoJuly 6th, 2010, 9:13 pm
Yeagertown,Pa

Spence'

I hope I'm not being to forward but, I feel at home already on this site thanks again for the warm welcome.By the way its tuff being a Pirates fan. The Penguins and Steelers make up for them in some way or anouther. I take a lot of ribbing from my friends at the bar for still suppurting the Buckos.I still have a Mean Joe Green and Willie Stargell jerseys from when I was a kid need less to say they don't fit any more.I'll still hold on to them any how.Hay any you guys veterans I was with 82nd Airborne 85 to 89.

CaseyPJuly 8th, 2010, 2:14 pm
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

Pirates fans have the lovliest stadium in the whole country, believe me. it's a treat to go up there and watch them play the Nationals. who also have a nice stadium, but they built parking garages between the park and the Capitol so the view doesn't compare!
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
ClmingoJuly 8th, 2010, 3:26 pm
Yeagertown,Pa

CaseyP,

I have not been there yet, if I do go I'll have a bag over my head. Don't need the ribbing at the Black Horse tavern or the other beer gardens that I spend time in.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.