Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Fall foliage, flowers, fungi...and FISH!

Jmd123 has attached these 11 pictures. The message is below.
View Full SizeView Full Size (3.8X larger)
Big fat hybrid sunfish (pumpkinseed x green) from Clark's Marsh - on a #10 Joe's Hopper
Big fat hybrid sunfish (pumpkinseed x green) from Clark's Marsh - on a #10 Joe's Hopper
LATE black-eyed Susan
LATE black-eyed Susan
Cooke Pond Shoreline
Cooke Pond Shoreline
It waits...
It waits...
11" perch on a #10 yellow-and-gold KBF
11" perch on a #10 yellow-and-gold KBF
The lower Au Sable
The lower Au Sable
Burning bushes in front of my house
Burning bushes in front of my house
Parasol mushroom (Lepiota procera)
Parasol mushroom (Lepiota procera)
Jmd123October 11th, 2011, 3:08 pm
Oscoda, MI

The Autumn season is upon us here in northern lower MI, but you wouldn't know it from the Summer-like temperatures! Or the continued presence of biting insects...but Old Man Winter isn't too far away now so we have to enjoy fall while it's here. So I have posted a few shots from my local adventures, including a few fishing holes, for you all to enjoy.

Okay, I know, I know...WHERE'S THE FREAKING SALMON??? I'm working on it, guys...and the big perch came from a lake that has rainbows in it, but the 'bows were just little dinkers, 6-8" and not really worthy of photography. I'll be back there soon, though, and if that hoped-for 15-incher makes it into the net, you'll see it on here.

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
OldredbarnOctober 11th, 2011, 4:34 pm
Novi, MI

Nice stuff Jonathon! It looks like we might have waited too long for our trip north! It appears to be peaking up your way.

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
PaulRobertsOctober 13th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Colorado

Very nice, Jonathan.
MotroutOctober 13th, 2011, 12:40 pm
Very nice pictures of a very pretty pond. I too have been getting out quite a bit, enjoying the fall colors and the last good warm-water fishing of the year. I love October, I think it's easily the best month of the year!
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
http://fishingintheozarks.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.