Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Some amasing pictures.

JADJune 29th, 2010, 6:18 am
Alexandria Pa

If you think your Streamer is to large look at these.

http://wvangler.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=4768245

JAD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
OldredbarnJune 29th, 2010, 9:34 am
Novi, MI

Whoa!!! And I was just about to get ready for Tricos! Maybe I need to rethink this a bit...:)

I'm wondering if that trout was dead and floating downstream when that Brown picked it up? Maybe mis-handled release or over played fish? I have always heard about them sneaking up from behind...It's hard to tell...Maybe someone just tossed the rainbow in to a pool to see what would happen.

Incredible shots though.

Spence

Speaking of Tricos...I can never get over the idea that we were just fishing monster Hex and all of a sudden, instead of midnight fishing it's sun-up and tiny, tiny flies??? Strange!
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
Flatstick96June 30th, 2010, 12:07 pm
Our dad (a bait fisherman) loves to remind my brothers and I, as we're tying on our flies: "Remember guys, big fish like big food!"

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.