or register.
Scientific name search:

> > High Water fishing in the Ozarks

Report at a Glance

General RegionOzarks
Specific Location Current River
Time of DaySaturday, noon to dark, Sunday,daylight to noon
Fish CaughtA few Rainbows
Conditions & HatchesMuddy water (10-12" visibility), a few BWOs hatching but no fish rising due to the muddy water.

Details and Discussion

MotroutMay 24th, 2010, 1:38 pm
Went down to the upper Current River ( won't say exactly where on the river) in southern Missouri this weekend. It has rained a lot here, so I was expected off-color water, but it turned out to be downright muddy, with less than a foot of visability-and in a stream where you can usually see the bottom in ten feet of water. I managed to pound up a few rainbows on egg patterns and streamers, but it was pretty tough. It was still nice to get out anyway-everyone else was scared of by the high water and I was the only one fishing at the particular access I chose. It's a beautiful area down there, and while the catching was slow, the fishing was just fine.
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
http://fishingintheozarks.blogspot.com/
LastchanceMay 24th, 2010, 3:07 pm
Portage, PA

You caught a few, you were fishing, so it was time well spent. The guy that taught me to fly fish always tells me you should fish in all conditions because it only makes you better.
Bruce
MotroutMay 24th, 2010, 4:45 pm
True. It's always nice to get out, and it's even kind of interesting to see the water looking a lot different than usual-I've never fished this thing when it wasn't totally clear until this weekend.
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
http://fishingintheozarks.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.