Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > A quick fishing detour from a work trip

A quick fishing detour from a work trip

By Troutnut on May 29th, 2020
I spent (Spent: The wing position of many aquatic insects when they fall on the water after mating. The wings of both sides lay flat on the water. The word may be used to describe insects with their wings in that position, as well as the position itself.) most of the month of May in Alaska, and most of that sitting in an AirBnB in North Pole abiding by the required 2-week indoor quarantine for travelers from out-of-state due to Covid-19. After the quarantine came a frantic sequence of fieldwork to train the technician we hired to complete our second summer of data collection on a study of food resources for juvenile Chinook Salmon in the Chena River. However, our weather-dependent sampling schedule allowed for a break from May 29th-31st, and I drove south to chase rainbow trout.

Photos by Troutnut from Mystery Creek #252 and the East Fork Chulitna River in Alaska

Lower 4th of July Cr From Mystery Creek # 252 in Alaska.
Lower 4th of July Cr
StateAlaska
Date TakenMay 29, 2020
Date AddedJun 8, 2020
AuthorTroutnut
CameraiPhone XS
 From Mystery Creek # 252 in Alaska.
StateAlaska
Date TakenMay 29, 2020
Date AddedJun 8, 2020
AuthorTroutnut
CameraiPhone XS
I tried fishing the East Fork Chulitna River near the mouth of Hardage Creek. It's a pretty little creek mouth and not difficult to access, but the mixing zone between the clear tributary and more turbid river was all over shallow, fast water and there wasn't really any good habitat to hold fish. From the East Fork Chulitna River in Alaska.
I tried fishing the East Fork Chulitna River near the mouth of Hardage Creek. It's a pretty little creek mouth and not difficult to access, but the mixing zone between the clear tributary and more turbid river was all over shallow, fast water and there wasn't really any good habitat to hold fish.
StateAlaska
Date TakenMay 29, 2020
Date AddedJun 8, 2020
AuthorTroutnut
CameraiPhone XS

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.